Kickin’ Chicken Bites ~ Bite-sized pieces of chicken wrapped in bacon and dusted in brown sugar & cayenne pepper!
It’s that time of year again! We’re all putting our host/hostess hats on and smiles on our faces for the holiday parties. Let’s get real for a moment: the holidays can be a little bit stressful – yet oh-so-much-fun if you just make it work! Part of making it work, in my book, is making simple, easy and still delicious recipes with quality products.
Kickin’ Chicken Bites are just that: simple, easy, delicious and made with quality products. They come together quickly and are sure to impress everyone at your holiday party. Plus, if you are a fan of a little spice in your life, these are your ticket! If you aren’t such a fan, just pass on the cayenne pepper and they will be more sweet from the brown sugar. I’m always looking out for people with weak taste buds, because I might just be one of those people!
I made these Kickin’ Chicken Bites using my all-time favorite: Gold’n Plump® chicken. Remember when I said that my recipes are made with quality products I can trust? Gold’n Plump is one of the brands that I trust to feed my family day in and day out.
With Gold’n Plump, I know local farmers across the great states of Minnesota and Wisconsin are hard at work providing a quality product from farm to table. I think the Gold’n Plump rule really sums it all up: Chickens we raise are raised the right way by family farmers. No shortcuts. No compromises. Just an unwavering commitment to high quality, wholesome, good chicken.
These tasty little Kickin’ Chicken Bites are quick and easy to make. You just need to cut your chicken breast into bite size pieces, wrap in bacon and, of course, drench them in your brown sugar and cayenne pepper to give it that extra zip you are looking for!
My family loved them and they were gone in seconds. I’m sure your guests will adore them, too, and you will have a clean plate by the end of the night!
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 lb Gold’n Plump® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, cut into bite size pieces
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Cut bacon pieces into thirds the short way. Take each piece of chicken and wrap a piece of bacon around it. Fasten bacon with toothpick and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients together. Take each piece of chicken and dredge it in the brown sugar mixture making sure to sprinkle a little on top, too.
- Place on wire rack on a pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until chicken juices run clear and bacon is crisp.