Dip into this quick and easy Southerner-style Pimento Cheese with your crackers! It only takes 10 minutes to make and is the perfect spread, dip or delicious in sandwiches.
Pimento cheese is a cheesy and rich cold dip that is so easy to make! If you’ve never had it, it’s a classic spread or dip popular in the South, and it’s the best appetizer, or you can use it as a topping or filling for so many other dishes. You’re going to love it!
Why This Recipe Works
- You can buy it at the grocery store, but you’ll skip it once you try this homemade pimento cheese. The flavors are so much better!
- There are all kinds of variations of this classic recipe, and mine has a few add-ins to take it over the top! Four types of cheese plus yummy garnishes make it the best dip ever.
- It’s so easy – all you need is a bowl and spoon to make it. It’s ready to serve in about 20 minutes!
- You can make it ahead – which is always a lifesaver! – and keep it in the refrigerator. The flavors just get better when it has a chance to sit.
Make this pimento cheese for parties, game-day, holidays, or any time you’re craving a savory, cheesy dip. It’s spreadable, dippable, and so good!
- Cream cheese – Leave it out at room temperature to soften.
- Shredded cheese – We like sharp cheddar cheese or extra-sharp cheddar cheese plus pepper jack cheese and Gruyere cheese
- Mayonnaise – for the best dip, use high-quality mayonnaise like Duke’s or Hellman’s.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Lemon juice
- Jarred pimento peppers – if you can’t find them, use jarred roasted red bell peppers!
- Hot sauce – this is optional, but we love a few dashes to add a kick of heat. Or, you can add a few pinches of cayenne pepper.
How to Make It
Place the cream cheese and all of the shredded cheese in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Add the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, peppers, and hot sauce (if using) and mix until the mixture is well combined.
Serve the spread, or you can refrigerate for later.
You can serve the pimento cheese plain, but to make it even better, add some garnishes to dress it up! Here are some I love to use:
- Crumbled cooked bacon for a crispy texture!
- Add some freshly ground black pepper.
- Sliced green onions for a pop of color and freshness.
- You can also garnish with fresh herbs like chopped parsley or chives.
- Toasted nuts add some crunch – chopped walnuts or almonds work great!
- For a kick of heat, try some finely diced jalapeno.
- Or, add some small sliced green olives or black olives for a tangy bite.
What to Serve with Pimento Cheese
Make it a Dip: Serve it as a dip with some veggie sticks like celery sticks, carrots sticks, and sliced bell peppers. Add some crunchy crackers or tortilla chips on the side for scooping.
Make it a Spread: Or spread it on all the things! It’s great on toasted baguette slices or spread it on flour tortillas, roll them up, and slice them to make pinwheels.
Make it a Sandwich: It makes a fantastic sandwich filling. Spread some on white bread, add a tomato slice, and lettuce for delicious cold pimento cheese sandwiches! Or, turn it into an epic grilled cheese sandwich. Use the pimento cheese in place of the cheese and then toast it. Delicious!
Make it a Topping: We love it with baked potatoes! Use it like other toppings and add a spoonful over your hot baked potato. It’s so good!
Make it a Filling: If you love deviled eggs, you can add some to the filling to make pimento deviled eggs!
Storage: Keep it in an airtight container and, it will keep in the refrigerator for up to ten days.
Serving: Don’t leave it out at room temperature for more than two hours because it has mayonnaise. If the temperature is warm or hot, reduce that time.
Can you freeze it? No, I don’t recommend freezing pimento cheese.
Are you ready to try this pimento cheese recipe? Add the ingredients to your shopping list and give it a try this week. I know it will be a favorite once you try it. Enjoy!
More Easy Cold Dip Recipes
- My Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is loaded with so many flavors! It’s a great make-ahead dip for parties and holidays.
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip combines tart and sweet cranberry sauce with creamy cream cheese for an irresistible appetizer!
- No one can resist a bowl of Guacamole, and my recipe is so easy and so delicious!
- For a super easy dip, you have to try my Dill Pickle Dip!
- Million Dollar Dip is quick, easy, and delicious with crackers.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 12 ounce jar pimento peppers
- Dash hot sauce optional
- Optional Toppings: crumbled bacon, sliced green onions, toasted nuts,
- Serving Suggestions: Crackers for serving or make into a grilled sandwich.
- In a large mixing bowl add the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese and Gruyere cheese. Stir until completely mixed.
- Add the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, pimento peppers, and hot sauce to the cheese mixture. Then stir to combine.
- Add in any extras toppings or garnishes.
- Serve with crackers or make into sandwiches.
Leave a Comment