It’s fall which means you are craving Pumpkin Spice! This easy homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup is the perfect addition to all your coffee drinks. It’s made with a few simple ingredients and so quick and easy to prepare. Stock your fridge with this all fall.
Where are my pumpkin spice people? Is it you? Because I have a homemade pumpkin spice syrup recipe that you will want in your fridge from now until the last golden leaf falls from the trees this fall.
This is just one of my favorite simple syrup flavors alongside my favorite basic simple syrup and vanilla coffee syrup. During this time I am all about the pumpkin spice and stirring a splash or two of this spiced pumpkin syrup into my coffee each day is such a treat. We’re definitely feeling the fall vibes around here so when it’s chilly it goes perfectly in a hot cup of coffee and for the lingering warm days, it works in cold brew, too!
Are you more of a coffee creamer fan? I have the best pumpkin spice coffee creamer recipe, too!
Why This Recipe Works
- This is an easy coffee syrup recipe! In no time at all you can make a batch and pop it in the refrigerator to have on hand.
- It’s made with pumpkin puree and a few other simple ingredients – no weirdo chemically stuff like the storebought syrup.
- You don’t have to leave the house to get your pumpkin spice fix! With all the back-to-school fall-time activities, it’s so nice to have a delicious coffee drink right at home.
So, grab your coziest sweater to wear and a big coffee mug to sip from – it’s all about fall coffee treats today.
- Pumpkin puree – Be sure to buy plain puree and not pumpkin pie filling!
- Brown sugar – This adds a little sweet and subtly caramel flavor that goes so well with the spices. You could also use a maple syrup if you didn’t want to use a refined sugar.
- Pumpkin spice – feel free to grab a jar at the store in the spice aisle or go DIY and make homemade pumpkin spice.
How to Make It
Mix: Place all of the ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan and whisk to combine.
Heat: Heat the mixture over medium-high heat.
Simmer: Let the syrup simmer for three minutes.
Cool: Take the pan off the heat and allow the syrup to cool for a few minutes.
Chill: Transfer the syrup to an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Different Ways to Use It
- Add a splash to a mug of holiday spiced coffee for a serious coffee upgrade!
- Use it to make a homemade pumpkin spice latte.
- It’s not just for coffee – use it to make fall-themed cocktails, too!
Share the Love
Feel like sharing? I think this pumpkin spice coffee syrup is a great gift for your pumpkin spice-loving friends and family.
Make a few batches, store it in cute containers and keep it chilled until you give it away. Maybe add a bag of coffee, a cute mug, and a tag for a fun gift! The syrup keeps for a week!
So now that you know what I’ll be sipping on all fall, I hope you’ll join me and make some pumpkin coffee syrup! It’s so easy, so good, and the best way to get in the fall spirit. Enjoy!
More Amazing Fall Drinks to Try
- Learn how to make a Caramel Macchiato just like your favorite coffee shop!
- Whipped Hot Chocolate is a super fun twist on a classic drink – kiddos and adults love it!
- Have an Instant Pot? Use it to make delicious Apple Cider!
- For a grown-up drink, you can’t go wrong with a Hot Toddy on a chilly night!
Did you make it and love it? Rate it, please!!! ? Leave a comment and your five-star rating below – it will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy drink!!
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan combine all ingredients.
- Using a whisk mix ingredients together and heat over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and chill.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.