Reese’s Heavenly Peanut Butter Trifle is the perfect dessert for a crowd! Layers of peanut butter pudding, Reese’s cups and brownies make a decadent dessert recipe everyone will love! If you love the combo of peanut butter and chocolate this easy trifle recipe will be your favorite. It’s perfect for entertaining because you can make it ahead of time!
Remember how we bought a house, gutted and remodeled it? Anyways, that was five years ago and we are still working on it. When your husband is a carpenter things just never seem to be done.
We added on a living room last fall and then moved our dining room to our old living room and were going to bump the kitchen into the old dining room.
It’s been a year and we are finally getting to the last part of finishing the project.
That project is installing a GIANT island in our kitchen.
The hubs is currently doing it.
He’s been pushing me for a year to make my mind up on exactly what I wanted and I’ve been dragging my feet. This is because I’m scared to make decisions because after we got done redoing a house I regret some of those decisions so I’m scared for life on allllll decisions.
For example, I wanted white cabinets in the kitchen, Jason said no and I listened. He’ll NEVER hear the end of that.
So I made my island white. I’m crossing my fingers it looks good with our darker cabinets!
You know what decision I’m not afraid of making? The decision to make this Peanut Butter Trifle and then eat my body weight in it!!
What is a trifle?
A trifle is a heavenly dessert with layers of cake (or in this case brownies!!!), creamy delicious pudding and cream. This one is studded with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups to take this easy trifle to a whole new level!
Grocery list for Peanut Butter Trifle
- brownie mix
- miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- instant vanilla pudding mix
- creamy peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- Cool Whip
Seriously, this Trifle recipe is epic. I mean how can you go wrong with Chocolate + Peanut Butter ?
If you tell me you can, then we can’t be friends.
Well, kinda of. Kind of joking.
How do you make custard for a trifle?
Yes, we could spend an hour at the stove making homemade pudding, but this is an easy trifle recipe! We’re going to use a pudding mix. Shhh…. no one needs to know and trust me, no will be able to tell!
What is a trifle bowl?
Since the trifle is layered, you will want to use a glass bowl with straight edges to show off the beautiful layers of this dessert!
Back to the wonderful neighborhood. Our next door neighbors had a neighborhood potluck and it was tons of fun to get to meet everyone, which I knew a lot of the people, but it was still fun. This trifle was the star at the party and I’m sad to say that I didn’t bring it.
In fact, it was so good that one of the neighbor boys took a bite, looked up at me with sparkling eyes and said, “Julie did you make this?!” I had to tell him no I didn’t. I could only wish I could claim this one as mine.
It’s amazing. It’s sinful. It’s delicious.
How do you make an easy trifle recipe?
- Bake brownie mix according to package directions.
- Cool and slice into 3/4-in. pieces.
- Slice Reese’s peanut butter cups in half; save 1/3 cup for garnish.
- Whisk the milk and pudding mixes together. Add peanut butter and vanilla; combine well.
- Fold in 1-1/2 cartons of Cool Whip.
- Place a third of the brownies in a trifle bowl.
- Top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups.
- Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top.
- Repeat the layers twice.
- Cover with the remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
Please go find an excuse to make this. Like oh hey guess what? It’s only 156 days to my birthday so I need this. Stat. It is that delicious!
Looking for more Easy Trifle Recipes?
I hope you love this delicious peanut butter trifle recipe! Don’t forget to tag us on Social media if make this. Thanks for trying our recipes. #JuliesEastsAndTreats
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS EASY TRIFLE RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Reese’s Heavenly Peanut Butter Trifle recipe
- 1 19.5 oz Pillsbury Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2 13 oz packages Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 4 c. 2% milk
- 2 5.1 oz packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 8 oz cartons Cool Whip, thawed
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using a 9x13 in pan. Make sure not to over bake the brownies.
- Cool on a wire rack; cut into 3/4-in. pieces.
- Cut Reese's peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well.Fold in 1-1/2 cartons whipped topping.
- Place a third of the brownies in a trifle bowl. Top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate until chilled.