Learn how to Reheat Pizza in the Air Fryer so it has a perfectly crispy crust and gooey, melty cheese. You’ll never reheat pizza another way after you try this method. It’s truly the BEST and ONLY way to do it!
Some people love to eat their leftover pizza cold. Me, I love to relive the fresh-out-of-the-oven flavor of a hot pizza. But reheating pizza in the oven always seemed to dry it out and reheating pizza in the microwave makes the bottom crust all floppy and soggy.
I’d always eat the leftovers, but it was never as enjoyable as those first servings of fresh pizza. That is, until I discovered you can reheat pizza in an air fryer, it’s perfection with the perfect texture!
When I first heard of this, it was like a light-bulb moment. Of course you can use an air fryer to reheat pizza! It seems like an obvious thing once you’ve heard of it, but I just hadn’t thought of it.
Well, let me tell you…after I learned how to reheat day-old pizza in an air fryer it was a game changer! The crust is perfectly crispy, the cheese is all gooey and melty again and the toppings are just warmed up instead of dried out. It’s like a freshly baked pizza all over again. So, if you’ve been sorely disappointed by your pizza leftovers in the past, it’s time to try this delicious method of reheating those slices of happiness!
Why You’ll Love this Method
- It only takes 5 minutes to reheat pizza in air fryer. That’s much faster than an oven and toaster oven!
- This method works for any type of pizza. Whether you have deep dish leftovers, thin crust leftovers, or your regular crust pizza, you can pop it into the air fryer and heat it up.
- Reheating pizza in the oven requires only minimal clean-up. I love to eat leftovers for lunch because then I don’t have to wash a ton of dishes!
- The hot air circulating around the pizza in the air fryer crisps the crust and the cheese melts perfectly so it tastes like it’s fresh from the pizzeria.
How many slices of pizza can I reheat at one time?
This entirely depends on the size of your air fryer. A typical basket-style air fryer can comfortably fit two slices of pizza. But if you have a large air fryer or one with a tray, then you can do more than two slices at a time.
The important thing is to make sure that the pizza is in single layer, do not overlap the pizza, so that the air can circulate around the entire slice. You may have to do batches if you have a lot of leftovers to reheat.
How to Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer
- Begin by preheating your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then place leftover cold pizza slices into a clean air fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure they are far enough apart so that air can easily circulate around them. This is key for the crust to get crispy!
- Cook the pizza for 3-4 minutes until it is warm and bubbly.
- Then remove the pizza and enjoy!
That’s it! It really is so incredibly simple. In fact, reheating leftover pizza in the air fryer is the ONLY way to do it!
How to Store Leftover Pizza
After you reheat leftovers, you should NOT store them again. However, I can give you some tips on how to store your leftovers so that they are still fresh and can be reheated in the air fryer.
FRIDGE: Place leftover slices into an airtight container or Ziploc bag with parchment paper or paper towels in between each layer. This helps keep the slices from sticking together when they get cold. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
FREEZER: You can freeze leftover pizza too! Just wrap each slice in plenty of plastic wrap, or place them in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw completely before reheating.
What to Serve with Pizza
I love to serve pizza with a fresh pasta salad or some buttered noodles. Air fryer potato wedges and some saucy wings always go great with pizza too. Or, you can make things extra cheesy and serve stove top mac and cheese with your deliciously crispy reheated pizza.
What type of pizza can I reheat in the air fyer?
Literally any pizza can be heated in the air fryer! The only difference is that you may need to adjust the cooking time.
For thick crust pizza, just add 1-2 minutes of time onto the air fryer. However, for thin crust pizza you need to increase the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and reheat for only 2 minutes.
Reheat deep dish pizza at a lower temperature of 220 degrees Fahrenheit and heat for 5-6 minutes.
And, of course, you can reheat homemade pizza in the air fryer too! After you bake a pizza with my tasty homemade pizza crust, you’ll just follow the original instructions above to reheat your leftovers.
Pro Tips for the Best Pizza Reheated in an Air Fryer
- It is super important to make sure your air fryer basket is clean! No one wants crumbs of burnt food stuck to the bottom of their pizza.
- If you pull your pizza out of the air fryer and it’s still a little cold for some reason, just pop it back in for another minute or two.
- Don’t use foil in the basket because it will inhibit the air from flowing around the slices of pizza and cooking them evenly.
Once you use the air fryer to reheat pizza, you’re going to wonder how you ever did it any other way! This is the best way to reheat pizza and I know you are just going to love it.
More Pizza Inspired Air Fryer Recipes
- Make these Pizza Bagel in Air Fryer for the easiest lunch or snack for your picky eaters. So fun and so tasty!
- Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas are so easy to make that my kids can make them all on their own!
- Once again, a cooking method that is second to none. You totally have to try Air Fryer Pizza Rolls.
- Ok, so Air Fryer Ravioli aren’t necessarily a pizza recipe but dang are they delicious!
- 2 slices leftover pizza
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place leftover pizza slices inside the air fryer in a single layer making sure there is enough air to circulate around them.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the pizza is heated through and bubbly.
- Remove and enjoy.