Calling all parents who need a tasty and hassle-free snack idea or lunch – air fryer pizza bagels to the rescue! With minimal ingredients and maximum flavor, these crunchy bites will have your little ones begging for more. Follow the simple steps, for a toasty bagel with your favorite pizza toppings and get ready to serve smiles with every bite!
These easy pizza bagels in the air fryer are a favorite lunch item in our house! A fluffy bagel is turned into a crunchy and crispy pizza crust with this simple recipe for mini pizzas. Affordable and easy meals always get extra points in my book, and this is both.
With only four ingredients, you can make a large batch of these pizza bagels to easily serve multiple people or save them for later.
I’ve made them for guests and parties too and they’re always crowd-pleasers! Pizza, in any form, just can’t be turned down.
That’s why these air fryer pizza bagels are such a success. If you need meal prep ideas for summer lunches, you’re going to love this recipe!
Why You’ll Love Pizza Bagels in Air Fryer
- This easy recipe is very versatile! Eat them for lunch, dinner, a snack and even serve as an appetizer.
- Looking for freezer meals? You can build these mini pizzas and freeze them, then when you’re ready to eat pop the pizza bagels in air fryer and heat!
- It’s a great lunch item for picky eaters. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone say no to pizza!
Ingredients to Make Pizza Bagels in Air Fryer
- Mozzarella cheese – To have the most gooey and cheesy pizza bagels, shred your own mozzarella from a block of fresh cheese. It melts so much better than pre-shredded!
- Pizza sauce – Make homemade pizza sauce or use a jar of your favorite sauce from your local grocery store.
- Mini pepperoni – Mini pepperonis will work better on pizza bagels than regular sized ones. The large pepperonis can overtake the bagel and be difficult to manage.
- Plain bagel – A plain bagel will mimic pizza crust the most. Try to avoid using everything bagels or something similar because the seasonings and toppings on the top of the bagel may burn when cooked in the air fryer.
How to Make Pizza Bagels in Air Fryer
- Using a small spoon, add some pizza sauce to each sliced bagel half. Evenly spread the sauce out on the bagel.
- Then, top the bagels with shredded mozzarella and a generous amount of mini pepperonis.
- Set the two pizza bagel halves into the air fryer basket and bake at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes. The edges of the bagel should be crispy and cheese should be melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Bagel Pizza
If you want a simple crunchy salad, then lettuce frito salad would great! Serve some healthy sides alongside pizza bagels, like air fryer broccoli or roasted sweet potatoes. I always make an easy dessert when I make this recipe too! S’mores bars or strawberry brownies are go-to recipes when I want to make an easy dessert.
How to Store Air Fryer Bagel Pizzas
There are a few different ways that you can store these tasty little pizza bagels. You can choose a method that works best for you depending on when you plan to eat them!
FRIDGE: Place leftover pizza bagels into an airtight container or zip top bag with the air squeezed out. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
FREEZER: Air fryer homemade pizza bagels can be frozen cooked and uncooked. To freeze uncooked bagels, build each one and then freeze the bagels on a baking sheet until solid. Transfer the frozen bagels to a freezer safe bag or airtight container, and then store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Cook in the air fryer from frozen and just add a few minutes onto the cook time.
How to Reheat Leftover Pizza Bagels
You can also freeze leftover pizza bagels. Use the same method above and just allow the bagels to thaw before reheating.
Are pizza bagels healthier than regular pizza?
Bagels and pizza crust are made from a lot of the same ingredients. So, pizza bagels are not necessarily healthier than regular pizza. However, eating a mini pizza can help with portion control which is definitely healthier than eating a large amount of pizza!
Can I use different toppings on pizza bagels in air fryer?
Since these air fryer bagel pizzas are just a tiny pizza, you can use whatever toppings you want! Don’t put too many toppings on each bagel half, but feel free to use whatever you want.
Some tasty toppings would be:
- Finely diced mushrooms, onions, bell pepper
- Fresh mozzarella
- Diced ham
- Grilled chicken
- If you’re having a problem with the bagels sticking to the air fryer, spray the basket with non stick cooking spray before placing the bagels into the air fryer.
- For an extra kid friendly version of this recipe, purchase mini bagels!
- Fresh bagels will produce the best results. Check the bakery section of your local grocery store and see if they’ve baked any fresh bagels.
Pizza bagels in the air fryer are such an easy meal, there’s some days when I’m so grateful I can make something so quick! Let me know how they turn out for you.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Make crispy tots that are just as good as the drive thru with these Air Fryer Tater Tots.
- Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket are such a great party appetizer and late night snack!
- Breakfast can be made in the air fryer too! These Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy in the middle.
- Do you love fried pickles? Then you’ve got to try these Air Fryer Fried Pickles!
- 1 full size plain bagel halved
- 2 Tablespoons pizza sauce
- ¼ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup mini pepperoni
- Spread pizza sauce on the cut side of each bagel half. Top with shredded cheese and pepperonis.
- Place pizza bagels in the Air Fryer basket. Bake at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes or until the bagels are crispy around the edges and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.