Craving a quick and delicious pizza fix? Look no further than Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas! Start with split English muffins, pizza sauce, cheese, and pizza toppings. Pop them in the air fryer for a few minutes, and you’ll have crispy, cheesy personal pizzas that are perfect for a snack, lunch, or even a party appetizer!
Easy air fryer english muffin pizzas are so much fun! They’re a lot like the pizza bites you can buy in the freezer section at the store, but in my opinion are way more tasty. The melty cheese and mini pepperonis give you all of the pizza elements you know and love. But instead of a typical pizza crust, you use a light and fluffy English muffin.
Pizza is more than acceptable to eat for every meal. Well, maybe not every meal. But when you mix things up and have something like breakfast pizza in the morning, English muffin pizza for lunch and Margherita pizza for dinner then you’ve kept quite a variety! You can even make a veggie pizza to get those healthy vegetables in.
Making pizza themed foods like pizza pinwheels, pizza pasta, and these English muffins are a favorite recipes of mine. Our family loves them and I always seem to have leftovers that I can pop into the oven or microwave the next day. They reheat really well too! You’ll love this mini pizzas recipe.
Why You’ll Love air fryer english muffin pizzas
- This easy recipe is a great simple lunch to make during the summer, or even for school lunches during the school year!
- These pizzas don’t make much of a mess in the kitchen, so clean-up is really easy and won’t take you long at all.
- It will take just under 20 minutes to make english muffin pizzas. This recipe is great when you’re on a time-crunch or you have hungry kiddos who don’t want to wait long for food.
Ingredients for English Muffin Pizzas
- English muffins – Store bought English muffins are perfectly fine, but I also have a crazy easy recipe for homemade English muffins that you can try out.
- Mini pepperoni – Mini pepperoni work better on mini air fryer pizzas since proportions are more accurate. However, you can use regular pepperonis and slice them to make them fit the muffin better.
- Pizza sauce – Grab a jar of your favorite pizza sauce or make your own for an extra fresh flavor.
- Mozzarella cheese – Make things extra cheesy and melty by shredding your own mozzarella.
How to Make Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas
Place four English muffin halves into the air fryer with the split side facing up. Air fry them for 3 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove each English muffin half from the air fryer and spoon some pizza sauce on them. Spread the sauce into an even thin layer, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with mini pepperonis.
Place the english muffin pizza back into the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes at 400 degree Fahrenheit. Once the edges of the English muffin are golden and the cheese is all gooey and melted, they’re ready to go!
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may be able to make more than 4 at a time. But you also may need to do smaller batches if you have a tiny air fryer. Just use your best judgement and figure out what’s best for you.
Once the pizzas are cooked, allow to cool slightly and then serve!
What to serve with English Muffin Pizzas
If you make these english muffin pizzas in the air fryer as an appetizer, there are tons of other appetizers that would compliment. Baked chicken wings are great to make the classic wings and pizza combo. There are a fair share of good dip recipes to serve as appetizers. Hot spinach dip and queso dip would both be great alongside mini english muffin pizza!
How to Store Leftover Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas
FRIDGE: Place leftover mini pizzas into an airtight container or Ziploc bag and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, place in the microwave or oven until warmed through. You can also use your toaster oven to reheat!
FREEZER: Want an easy freezer friendly meal? Do the first step of air frying the muffins, then build each pizza and don’t air fry them the second time. Then, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to a month. When ready to eat, just unwrap and pop into the air fryer. You may need to add a few extra minutes. You can freeze leftover fully cooked pizzas the same way!
What other types of english muffin pizzas can I make?
If pepperoni pizza isn’t your jam, not to worry! Just like regular pizzas, you can add any toppings you want. Bacon bits are a great topping, as well as diced ham and canadian bacon.
You can get really adventurous and make something like a buffalo chicken english muffin pizza! Use sliced grilled chicken as your protein and make a buffalo sauce pizza sauce.
Make vegetarian mini pizzas by using mushrooms, bell peppers, and other vegetable toppings. You can really use anything you want! Just be sure not to overload them with toppings so they bake evenly.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray to keep your mini pizzas from sticking.
- You can cool the pizzas down a bit more quickly by cutting them in half or in quarters once they’ve cooked in the air fryer.
- Make your pizzas extra cheesy by adding slices of fresh mozzarella on top of the shredded mozzarella.
Simple, delicious, and quick…the best combination that makes the most perfect mini english muffin pizzas ever!
More Pizza Recipes You’ll Love
- Make use of your air fyer even more and make these Air Fryer Pizza Rolls!
- Game day appetizers like this Football Pepperoni Pizza Dip are so fun and are always a crowd pleaser.
- These Pepperoni Pizza Sliders are another great appetizer and lunch option.
- Pizza Monkey Bread is a savory fun twist on the classic gooey dessert.
- 6 English muffins split
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces mini pepperoni
- Arrange the English muffins in the air fryer with the split side up. Air fry for 3 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the English muffins from the air fryer and spread pizza sauce evenly on top of each one; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with mini pepperoni slices.
- Place back in the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit or until the edges of the English muffin are golden and cheese is melted.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer this may need to be done in smaller batches.