Crispy, seasoned potato wedges that are so easy to make! These Air Fryer Potato Wedges are the perfect side to your burger, chicken wings and so much more. Plus, they are easy to make with just a few ingredients!
I’ve been all about the air fryer recipes lately because they’re so easy, and there are so many things you can air fry – like these fantastic potato wedges!
I love potato side dishes, but sometimes when you bake potato wedges, they just don’t get crispy enough. And deep-frying them? No, thanks! I hate the mess and all the oil.
These air fryer potato wedges are just perfect – they’re so easy to make, and they come out hot and crispy. They’re just as good as deep-fried potatoes but without all the oil and grease.
Easy Air Fryer Side Dish!
- I’m spilling my best secret for making delicious potato wedges – you need to soak them first! This releases some of the starch so you get the best crispy potatoes.
- The recipe is so easy – slice your potatoes, soak them, season them, and into the air fryer they go. After about 15 minutes of cook time, they’re crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- We love them with steak bites, baked chicken legs, and hamburgers! They go with so many main dishes, you’ll want to make them on repeat.
If you’re like me and crazy about your air fryer, you need to try this recipe!
- Medium russet potatoes – You don’t need to peel them, just wash them and they’re ready to slice.
- Olive oil – I like the flavor of olive oil, but you can use vegetable oil, too.
- Garlic powder – Or try onion powder for a different flavor.
- Paprika – I’ve also used smoked paprika for a hint of smoky flavor!
- Seasoned salt – This adds a nice flavor, but you can use the same amount of regular salt, too.
- Black pepper
- Chopped fresh herbs for garnish – I like chopped parsley, but sliced chives or chopped cilantro are great, too!
How to Make Them
First, slice the potatoes. Cut each potato in half lengthwise and then cut each half into three wedges so you have six wedges from each potato.
Place the wedges in a large bowl of ice and cover them with cold water. Soak them for 30 minutes. Once they’ve soaked, dry them thoroughly with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
Combine the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the potato wedges and toss to coat them evenly in the spice mixture.
Place the cut potatoes in the air fryer basket. Cook them at 390 degrees F for 15 minutes. Shake the basket every five minutes until the potatoes crisp up and turn golden brown.
Garnish them with the chopped parsley and they’re ready to serve!
Don’t Forget a Dipping Sauce!
At our house, a dipping sauce is not optional! Everyone loves to dunk their crunchy crispy potato wedges in different sauces. Here are some we love:
Spice Mix: Want to add a kick of heat? Add a little cayenne pepper to the spice mix to dial up the spice.
Potatoes: Russets are the best potato for this recipe. I haven’t tested it with Yukon Golds but I expect they will work, but they may not get as crispy as the Russets.
Air Fry Tip: For the best crispy potatoes, don’t crowd the air fryer basket too much. If you make a big batch, cook the wedges in smaller batches, if needed, so they cook evenly and get evenly crunchy on the outside.
Other Garnishes: Fresh herbs are great, but you can also dress up the wedges with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Make Them an Appetizer: They are great as a party snack, too! You can make a batch and serve them on a tray with a few different dipping sauces. Yum!
I hope you get the ingredients for this air fryer potato wedges recipe so you can try it this week. They’re always a hit at our house – everyone loves them!
More Great Side Dishes
- Roasted Cauliflower is a super simple recipe that’s so delicious!
- Sweet Potato French Fries are always a hit and another easy side you can make in your air fryer.
- Learn how to make the best Corn on the Cob in your Instant Pot!
- 4 medium russet potatoes washed and cleaned
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Ketchup, ranch or other dipping sauce to serve.
- Cut each potato lengthwise in half, then cut each half into three wedges so you have 6 wedges from each potato.
- Add the potato wedges to a large mixing bowl filled with two cups of ice and enough water to cover potato wedges. Set aside and let soak for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes is done, dry the potato wedges completely.
- In a large bowl or gallon sized bag combine the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Add dried potato wedges and shake or stir to coat.
- Place the potatoes in the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 390 degrees F for 15 minutes. Shark the basket every five minutes until crispy and gold brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve with ketchup, ranch or sauce of choice.