Crock Pot King Ranch Chicken Soup ~ Your Favorite King Ranch Chicken Casserole Flavor Turned into a Comforting Soup Made in Your Slow Cooker!
I’ve been blogging a whopping 6 years already and I can’t believe it! I have had a blast and one of the things I’ve enjoyed most is the community that food blogging is. We are there to support each other, feed off each other and toss ideas back and forth. It’s really not a competition but a community. It’s pretty awesome. I’ve also “met” a lot of awesome people along this journey. Today I’m introducing you to one of them and her brand new cookbook!
Samantha over at Five Heart Home has an amazing new cookbook, Real Food Slow Cooker Suppers, that was just released! I know all of you love your slow cooker as much as me, so I knew I had to share this with you!
Not only is Samantha a total sweetheart but she somehow managed to pull of developing 80 Slow Cooker Dinner Recipes that call for all real, fresh, unprocessed ingredients while raising three young kids! Plus, she kept up her blog while doing this!
In this cookbook you can expect to find beautiful pictures to accompany each of the 80 recipes, a variety of family-friendly main dish recipes influenced by a variety of cuisines and metric conversions for each recipe!
I choose to try out the Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup and it was FABULOUS. If all the recipes are this good I’ll be using this cookbook every night! I was secretly happy it was just me and Ry home when I made it so I could hoard all the leftovers to myself! It was the perfect, comforting soup with just the right amount of spice!
Here are some of other fantastic recipes you’ll find in the book!
~Teriyaki Chicken Breasts
~Marinated Pork Chops & Potatoes
COMFORTING MAIN DISHES
~Mexican Pot Roast with Borracho Beans
~Bacon-Wrapped Peach Jalapeño Pork Loin
~Cheesy Spinach Lasagna
~King Ranch Chicken Soup
~Thai Shrimp Soup with Rice Noodles
~Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
STEWS, CHILIS, & CHOWDERS
~Beefy Three-Bean Chili
~Pork & Hominy Stew
~Chicken & Dumplings
SANDWICHES, TACOS, & WRAPS
~Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Sliders
~Mini Pulled Pork Pizzas
~French Dip Tacos with Caramelized Onions & Bleu Cheese
HOLIDAY HELPERS (holiday main dishes to make in the slow cooker so that your oven is freed up for other recipes)
~Cran-Cherry Glazed Ham
~Herbed Turkey Breast
~Citrus-Glazed Cornish Hens
Bonus Chapter: HOMEMADE SEASONINGS & STOCKS
Your Favorite King Ranch Chicken Casserole Flavor Turned into a Comforting Soup Made in Your Slow Cooker!
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles (mild, original or hot depending on your heat preference)
- 1 medium jalapeno minced (seeds and membranes left intact for spicy, removed for mild)
- 2 c. Colby Jack cheese, plus more for topping
- Tortilla chips for servings,
- Fresh cilantro chopped, for serving, optional
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute until it is fragrant and light golden brown, about 1 minutes.
- Stir in flour and whisk continuously for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth. Increase the heat to a simmer and whisk continuously for several minutes, until the sauce is smooth and thickened. Remove saucepan from heat, and stir in chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt. Add black pepper to taste and set sauce aside.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large slow cooker. Top them with the diced tomatoes with green chiles and jalapeno. Pour the sauce over the top. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 4- hours, until chicken is tender and cooked through, but not overcooked.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board, Stir cheese into the slow cooker and cover the slow cooker while you prepare chicken. Pull chicken into large chunks and stir in back into the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the ingredients heated through. Stir well.
- To serve, crush tortilla chis into a bowl and ladle the soup over the top. Garnish with extra cheese and cilantro, if desired.
Craving More Soup?
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe ~ A Quick, Easy Soup Recipe that is Comforting and Full of Flavor! Make it Tonight for a Perfect Quick Dinner!
Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup Recipe ~ Comforting, Delicious, Easy Soup Recipe Full of Potatoes, Bacon & Cheese! Grab a Big Bowl and Warm Up This Winter!
Cheesy Southwest Chicken Soup Recipe – Comforting soup filled with onions, peppers, black beans, corn, and finished off with a little cream to give it that extra little something!