This classic baked spaghetti casserole is taken over the top by adding a layer of Alfredo sauce in the noodles at the base. We also refer to this as Spasagna at our house! This spaghetti recipe is a delicious, comforting casserole that starts with a base of Alfredo noodles then is layered with a hamburger sauce and cheese. It makes a lot and is perfect to freeze half and enjoy as a freezer meal or feed a large crowd. Toss a salad together, throw some garlic bread in the oven and you have dinner!
I ran to the grocery store after work to get a pound of hamburger for this recipe. I’m chilling out in the meat department minding my own business standing next to a gentleman and staring at the shelf. All of a sudden there is someone on the other side of me. I mean RIGHT on the other side of me.
I’m standing there thinking wow she’s really in my bubble, do I dare take a glance to see who this crazy person is or are they going to totally know I’m slightly annoyed?
Well, I took the chance. I’m turning my head and I see this girl grinning from ear to ear. Oh I should have known I live in small town USA, of course, it’s someone I know!
It was actually a really close friend and we had a good laugh over it. Then she told me she was going to follow me around the grocery store and see what I was making tonight. I giggled. I toyed with the idea of One Pot Skillet Spaghetti, Crock Pot Spaghetti or Meatball Sub Casserole but then thought hmmm….
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
But then my buddy started chatting. She went on to tell me that her husband asks nightly what Julie is making. She’s one of my biggest readers and I love hearing feedback from her and all the rest of you.
As I didn’t want to leave her hanging until tomorrow to read up on my blog about my recipe and I just happened to have it in my purse, I whipped it out and shared it with her. I told her that if you see it on the blog tomorrow it’s a success but if you don’t it was a flop!
Since I’m posting it you obviously have figured out it was a success! It blends the best of both worlds incorporating Alfredo sauce and tomato sauce in the same dish.
It was great and we decided it was a “keeper”. My husband then asked where all the keepers actually went because he rarely gets the same recipe twice. I’m a bit adventurous like that.
I giggled and pointed to my overflowing recipe box. He just rolled his eyes at me. True love, I tell ya.
Another one of our favorites in that recipe box is this amazing mostaccioli!
We also refer to this casserole as Spasagna but since I figured most of you would raise your eyes at that we just went for the name Baked Spaghetti instead. Now, if you want to be cool like the rest of us then called it Spasagna!
What do I need to make Baked Spaghetti Casserole
- Spaghetti noodles
- Garlic Alfredo sauce
- Shredded mozzarella
- Ground beef
- Spaghetti sauce
How to make Bake Spaghetti Casserole
- Preheat the oven.
- Coat the baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Rinse noodles under cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine Alfredo sauce, 2 c. mozzarella, milk and spices. Stir well to combine.
- Add the cooked spaghetti noodles and toss to coat them completely. Place into the baking dish.
- Brown beef and drain well. Add spaghetti sauce and mix.
- Pour mixture over the noodle mixture in the pan. Cover with and bake until hot and bubbly.
What to serve with Spaghetti Casserole
Here are some great salad options! Traditional Seven Layer Salad • Greek Salad • Strawberry Romaine Salad any of these salads would be perfect and this bread will round out the meal! Rosemary Bread (Macaroni Grill Copycat) is a real favorite and soooo good!
More great casserole recipes to try!
- Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Spaghetti Pie
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole
- Cheesy Ham and Noodle Casserole
Winter is the perfect time to enjoy this hearty casserole! When you make it be sure and tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats. And if you have a quick moment, please comment and leave a five-star rating below!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS BAKED SPAGHETTI RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!! ?Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy meal!!!
Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 24 oz garlic Alfredo
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella divided
- ½ c. Milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 lb ground beef
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Rinse cooked noodles under cold water and drain very well.
- In a large bowl, combine Alfredo sauce, 2 c. mozzarella, milk, oregano and parsley. Stir well to combine. Add cooked spaghetti noodles and toss to coat them completely. Place entire mixture into the baking dish.
- Brown beef, drain well to remove excess grease. Over low heat, add spaghetti sauce and mix. Pour mixture over the noodle mixture in the pan. Top with remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
Adapted from: The Country Cook