Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole ~ Easy, Hearty and Comforting Casserole Loaded with Chicken, Peas, Carrots, Corn and Egg Noodles! Chicken and Noodle Casserole Will Become a Family Favorite Dinner!
Chicken Noodle Casserole
As you well know, my mom is pretty awesome. She takes care of us all and is it pretty much the binding that keeps the family together. She’s there to give you a hug, lend a shoulder to cry on, cheer you on, but also there to call you out on your shenanigans. She’s a good reality check for all of us when we need it. Trust me. It just happened.
I may have been upset with my little brother and made a huge stink over it. Imagine that. She looked at me and asked if it was really that big of a deal? Would it matter in a month? Nope, it wouldn’t, but I’m a bit bull-headed to say the least and I was going on the fact that I was right, he was wrong and it was the principle of the matter.
Luckily for me, it took me giving him some puppy dog eyes, going in for a hug and simply saying, “I’m sorry” and all was forgiven. He admitted he was probably in the wrong, I admitted I was probably overreacting and we hugged it out. Ahhhh, cue the tears!
Chicken and Noodle Casserole
Another thing my Mom is amazing at is cooking. It’s kind of her love language for us kids. She’s always making my oldest brother his favorite cake for his birthday, or spoiling the grandchildren with their favorites treats. My husband’s eyes light up when he knows that she’s baking chocolate chip cookies because he knows that she will deliver a plate of them to him! Sometimes I think she loves him more than me!
On the other hand, my eyes light up when I hear she’s making a big batch of Chicken Noodle Soup! I know I’m sure to get some and I don’t have to make dinner one night that week. SCORE. Plus, what is more comforting that Chicken Noodle Soup, Sloppy Joe Casserole or Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole on a cold winter night? Nothing. It brings back all my favorite memories of being at home. Gathering with my brothers and parents around the table, throwing insults and love back and forth, discussing our days, and just being with each other.
You see, dinner time was always at 6:30 pm growing up and it was pretty much a “You be there or else” type of situation. Mom always prepared a homemade meal and we always ate together. That’s just the way it was. As I grew up and heard of families not eating together it always made me scratch my head in wonder why on earth you wouldn’t eat together!
Now as I raise my own children I make sure that we eat together as much as possible and dinner is a time where it’s family time. I hope they remember this as they grow older and raise their own families.
As much as I love making dinner time a family tradition, I like it to be easy too! That’s why I love this hearty Cheesy Chicken and Noodle Casserole. I took my mom’s Chicken Noodle Soup and turned it into a casserole that I knew my girls would love!
What side dishes go with chicken and noodles casserole?
As I was taking photos and making the video these two cuties decided they were going to “assist” me and ended up begging for a bite! One on each side of my table as a shot the photos. I had a hard time keeping their little fingers out of the photographs and as soon as the photos were done we all sat down and dug into this delicious casserole.
Grocery List for Chicken Noodle Casserole
- egg Noodles
- chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- frozen peas and carrots
- frozen corn
- cream of chicken soup
- salt, peper
- colby jack cheese
This Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole comes together quickly with Reames® frozen egg noodles, veggies, cheese and some sauce! I love that I can prep everything the night before if I want to and then just stick it in the oven when I get home or have the hubs do that. I’ve also used these noodles to make Haluski, too!
How do you make Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook the Egg Noodles according to package directions, set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients except one cup of the cheese.
- Add prepared noodles to mixture and stir until combined. Pour into baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly.
There’s just something comforting about a casserole during the winter isn’t there?
More of my favorite Casseroles I know you’ll love!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- Cheesy Ham and Noodle Casserole
- Cheesy Hash Brown Chicken Casserole
- Green Beans, Chicken and Potatoes
- 7-Layer Casserole
- Taco Casserole
These definitely all have one thing in common… right? Yup, cheese! It does make everything just a bit tastier! ?
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THE CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE BELOW:
Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1 12 oz package Reames® Homestyle Egg Noodles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 10 oz package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 10 oz package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 c. milk
- 2 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp peper
- 1/4 c. diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 c. Colby Jack shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9''x13'' baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Prepare Reames® Homestyle Egg Noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine all the remaining ingredients except one cup of the cheese. Add prepared noodles to mixture and stir until combined. Pour into baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until heated through and bubbling around edges.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Reames®. The opinions and text are all mine.