This delicious Taco Pie with crescent rolls recipe is made with a crust of crescent rolls then piled high with seasoned taco meat, sour cream, cheese and Nacho Cheese Chips. Taco Pie with Crescent Rolls is a recipe the entire family will love for dinner!
You might be wondering how our house is….exactly how we left it last night. Jason informed me that he was going to celebrate the fact they are done Tyveking the house they are working on by sitting on the couch with a beer.
Well that is just what he as doing other than when I threw some socks of his that were inside out when I was folding them…he managed to get them the right way. Not back to me where I folding laundry although. They are still sitting on the couch next to him.
Shopping list for Taco Pie Recipe
- crescent rolls
- taco seasoning
- sour cream
- cheddar Cheese
- crushed chips – Doritos, Fritos – use your favorite!
- optional garnish, sliced green onions
Taco Pie Recipe
Oh the joys of marriage and differences between two people! I think pay back will be a shopping trip to Alex on Saturday while he slaves away on the house. I think that’s fair right??
As for the Taco Pie you are all wondering about. This recipe is simply awesome. It’s something a little different that every generation seems to love. My mom found the recipe first and started making it as a staple at the Koehl household. I just stole the recipe and made it a staple at the Evink household also. If you love taco-inspired dinners like this one you might like my Taco Casserole!
Why is this Taco Pie Recipe so awesome?
- Uses crescent rolls for a crust – hello? Easy and pure deliciousness!
- It’s cheesy, meaty and amazing!
- Taco pie with crescent rolls is quick to make – perfect weeknight meal!
- Tastes like a taco but only better because you’re not assembling all those tacos!
My niece and nephew love it, my dad loves it, my brother loves it and when Jason came home last night his eyes lit up and he goes TACO PIE?!? YUM! So he must love it too!
Taco Pie with Crescent Rolls
I truly think that half the reason I love this recipe so much is because of those flaky crescent rolls that make up the crust! I remember crescent rolls being my Mom’s staple side when we were growing up because they were so easy to pop in the oven. I love that you can use them to make an easy crust for this taco pie too!
How do you reheat Taco Pie
To reheat the pie return it to an oven preheat to 350 degrees. Heat for 20-30 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly! Microwaving the pie will make the crust soggy.
Steps to make Taco Pie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Brown hamburger in a skillet and drain to remove the fat.
- Add taco seasoning, water and simmer.
- Grease the pie pan.
- Place the rolls in the pie pan; flatten to cover the bottom.
- On top of the crescent rolls add the hamburger mixture. The layer with sour cream, cheese and crushed chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown
See how easy this is to make?!! If your kids like tacos, the will love this taco pie even more. It’s the crunchy topping that takes it right over the top!
You can even load it up with shredded lettuce, dice tomatoes and sliced olives when it comes out of the oven – whatever works for you!
More great savory pie recipes!
See those stars on the bottom? Be sure to click and give me a five star rating for this AMAZING recipe! I know you’ll love it!!!
Taco Pie Recipe
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. Cheddar Cheese
- 1 c. crushed nacho cheese chips I use Doritos and Taco chips
- Brown hamburger. Drain excess fat.
- Add taco seasoning and water; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place crescent rolls in a greased deep pie pan; flatten to cover bottom.
- Layer on the crescent rolls, the hamburger mixture, sour cream, cheese and crushed chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.