Taco Casserole is a comforting casserole with all your favorite flavors of tacos! This quick and easy dinner recipe is made with Reames Frozen Egg Noodles, seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, corn, peppers and cheese. Your family will love this quick and easy dinner recipe.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Reames Frozen Egg Noodles®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Easy Taco Casserole!
Casseroles bring back all kinds of memories from my childhood. They were a staple dinner item and I’ve continued the tradition by making them for my family! One of our favorite casseroles is this delicious Taco Casserole that I love to make when I’m craving tacos but want a more comforting, hearty meal.
This time I took this classic recipe and replaced the dry egg noodles for Reames Frozen Egg Noodles and it was a hit! Layers of egg noodles, seasoned ground beef, corn, peppers, and enchilada sauce that come together to make an epic taco casserole.
You might wonder why I switched out my dry egg noodles for frozen Reames Frozen Egg Noodles and I’ll let you know! I did it because we love Reames Egg Noodles. You can not beat those thick and hearty noodles that remind me of homemade egg noodles without all the work and you know I’m all about taking shortcuts!
They are known as the “Mighty Forkin’ Noodle” because they are thick and hearty and require a fork. No more thin, floppy noodles in my casseroles!
Plus, there’s no preservatives in their egg noodles. They are only made with three ingredients: flour, water & eggs!
What do I need to make Taco Casserole?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious Taco Casserole recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- Reames Frozen Egg Noodles
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- Red enchilada sauce
- Corn & diced peppers
- Mexican cheese
- Green onions
- Sour Cream
How do I make Taco Casserole?
Step by step photos above!
- Prepare Egg Noodles – Grab your egg noodles and prepare them to directions on the package. (Picture 1)
- Cook Beef – In a skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain off grease. Prepare beef with taco seasoning according to package directions. (Picture 2)
- Mix Ingredients – In a mixing bowl combine Rotel, enchilada sauce, corn & diced peppers. Add ground beef when done cooking and stir to mix. After the egg noodles are prepared drain and add to mixture, stir to combine. Pour mixture into greased 2 quart casserole dish. Top with Mexican cheese. (Picture 3 & 4)
- Bake – Place casserole dish in preheated oven at 350 degrees and bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
Kick those floppy dry egg noodles to the curb and replace them with hearty Reames Frozen Egg Noodles.
Wondering where to find Reames Frozen Egg Noodles? The “mighty forkin’ noodle” is found in the freezer because they are preservative free!
Go grab a bag and make this Taco Casserole for dinner tonight!
Tips for Taco Casserole
- Use a leaner ground beef like 90% lean. This has plenty of flavor but won’t make your casserole overly greasy.
- Grab a block of cheese and grate it yourself. It melts better!
- Add crushed tortilla chips if you want it to be more like tacos.
- Kick it up a notch by using pepper jack cheese.
- Use diced chicken instead of ground beef for a different twist.
- Toppings: Top this casserole with your favorite taco toppings like avocado, crushed chips, jalapenos, cilantro and more.
More recipes using hearty Reames Egg Noodles!
Love those egg noodles as much we do? Don’t miss these other easy dinner recipes!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Skillet Noodles – Easy Dinner Recipe Loaded with Chicken, Ham, Egg Noodles and Cheese! A Recipe the Entire Family Will Love!
- Chicken Noodle Casserole – Easy, Hearty and Comforting Casserole Loaded with Chicken, Peas, Carrots, Corn and Egg Noodles!
- Baked Pork Chops with Parmesan Garlic Noodles – Easy Baked Pork Chops served over the best Parmesan Garlic Noodles. They are coated in a Parmesan coating then pan fried and baked in the oven which results in tender, juicy pork chops!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!! ? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your delicious casserole!!
- 16 oz bag Reames Frozen Egg Noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 oz packet taco seasoning + water called for on packet
- 10 oz Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies drained
- 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- 15 oz canned orn & diced peppers
- 1 c. shredded Mexican cheese
- Green onions for garnish
- Sour Cream for topping
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Reames frozen egg noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain grease. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to directions on packet.
- In a large bowl mix together Rotel, enchilada sauce, corn & diced peppers. Stir until combined. When the taco meat is done cooking add into mixture and stir.
- After the egg noodles are done cooking, drain and stir into taco mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese. Place in oven and bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions. Serve sour cream on the side for topping.