I’ve been dreaming of this recipe for a very, very long time. It’s inspired by a local Italian restaurants dessert nachos. I was dying to recreate them at home except it never happened. You know how that goes right?
Good intentions sometimes never happen. Don’t you hate how that goes?
When Mission sent me a package of their brand new Super Soft Tortillas I knew it was meant to be. I made it happen.
Plus these tortillas are a dream to work with. They weren’t lying when they said super soft. They are so easy to fold and roll without splitting which is huge for me. I always struggle with my tortillas crumbling apart as I roll them up. These won’t do this at all! Perfect. I know from now on I’ll be looking for these in my grocery store.
This dessert was everything I’d ever imagined when I created it. Piles of cinnamon chips topped with ice cream and fruit then a layer of ice cream toppings. Perfect. Amazing. Sinful.
Also perfect for your Valentine’s Day plans! Which are? Mine include a pizza buffet at a local restaurant. Lame-o but hey I’ve got a child now! Who else is in this boat with me?
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Mexican Roll Ups
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 Mission Super Soft Fajita Tortillas
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 8 tsp Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 c. strawberries, chopped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 c. ice cream
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with melted butter. Sprinkle 1 tsp of cinnamon sugar over each tortilla. Use pizza cutter to cut each tortilla into wedges. Place on ungreased cookie sheet sugar side up. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed up and just turning golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Arrange cooled cinnamon chips on a plate. Top with ice cream, strawberries, banana, chocolate syrup and caramel ice cream topping.
by Julie Evink
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 300kcal Calories from fat 102|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking| High Heels & Grills