How to Make Cinnamon Sugar!
It’s so easy to make the simple combination of Cinnamon and Sugar at home. There’s no need to buy the mixture at the store. Dust it on your buttered toast, over french toast, bagels, flour tortillas, popcorn and more. The perfect sweet and spicy mixture.
Once you learn how easy it is to make this easy Cinnamon Sugar you’ll be wondering why you ever grabbed that premade bottle off the shelf at the grocery store!
The ways to use this simple mixture are endless. We love rolling our French Toast Sticks in it or dusting it on French Toast.
Waking up in the morning to a piece of hot buttered toast and cinnamon sugar is something I grew up with! Or maybe you want to treat your family to our famous Air Fryer Donuts rolled in this.
Why this recipe works:
- So easy to make! Whip it up in a few minutes.
- You’ll be able to make it just like you want. Prefer more cinnamon or maybe more of the sugar? Just adjust it until you get it exactly how you like it.
- It’s so much cheaper to make at home! Store it in a cute little Mason jar and have it ready to go whenever you need it.
Yes, that’s right all you need is cinnamon and sugar for this recipe. Things you usually have stocked in your pantry so there’s no reason to need to buy this at the store. You can make it exactly how you want it by adjusting the cinnamon and sugar ratio.
To make it all you do is dump the two ingredients into a small bowl and mix it together. That’s it.
Told you it was so easy to make that you don’t need the premixed version!
This version will make about 3/4 c. of cinnamon sugar.
If you like it a little spicier mix a little more cinnamon into it. If you like it less spicy then just use less cinnamon.
So easy to make it your own!
After you’ve mixed up you’ll want to store it in an airtight container or resealable food storage bag.
It will keep forever, but cinnamon does loose it’s potency over time.
Great Ways to Use it!
- We love making these Dessert Nachos which have a dusting of cinnamon sugar on the tortillas.
- Sprinkle it on top of your Banana Bread or maybe in the middle to make a cinnamon swirl.
- If you have leftover rice make this Rice Pudding and stir it into it for an easy dessert.
If you have a chance, and give these a try I’d appreciate if you left a five star rating too!
If you’re over on Instagram, snap a photo and tag me @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats!!!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- Mix well and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in a dry place.
Leave a Comment