Crack Chicken is a delicious combination of shredded chicken, cream cheese, Ranch seasoning, cheese and bacon! It’s slow cooked in your crock pot and is the perfect quick and easy sandwich filling for busy weeknight meals or quick lunches.
If you love easy slow cooker chicken recipes I think you’re going to love this Crack Chicken! Chicken simmered in a cheesy sauce flavored with bacon and ranch is always a favorite dinner at our house. I can pop the ingredients in the crock pot in the morning, let it simmer all day, and then we scoop it onto hamburger buns for a super easy dinner.
In case you’re wondering, it’s called Crack Chicken because the combination of bacon, ranch, and cheese is such an irresistible combination of flavors. Have you tried my Crack Potatoes? It’s the same idea except instead of cooking it in the oven the chicken is cooked in the crock pot. Same delicious bacon, cheese, and ranch seasoning flavors but served up as a main dish!
All you need for this easy slow cooker chicken are five simple ingredients and 10 minutes to get it prepped for the crock pot. We love it on hamburger buns, but you can also serve Crack Chicken over rice or pasta. It’s up to you!
If you have a pressure cooker, you might want to check out my Instant Pot Crack Chicken, too!
WHAT DO I NEED TO IT?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Cream cheese
- Bacon bits
- Cheddar cheese
How do I make Crack Chicken?
- Mix Ingredients – Place the chicken in the crock pot and top it with the ranch seasoning and cubed cream cheese.
- Cook – Turn the crock pot on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Finishing touches – Shred the chicken and add the bacon bits and cheddar cheese. Cover the crock pot and cook the chicken for 10 minutes more. Serve on hamburger buns.
How long is it good for in the fridge?
Store the Crack Chicken in an airtight container and it will keep for three to four days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it! Just transfer it to a freezer-safe airtight container and it will keep for up to three months.
How do you shred chicken breast?
The easiest way to shred chicken is with a stand mixer! That’s right, throw your whole chicken breasts in there and turn it on low. Let it magically shred that chicken.
If you don’t have a stand mixer simply use two forks. Use one fork to hold the chicken in place and the other to shred the chicken into pieces. Once you’ve shredded the chicken you can add the bacon bits and cheddar cheese.
How do I boil chicken?
- Boiling chicken is very easy and a great way to cook it! Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a large pot. Cover them with water (you can also use chicken stock or broth) add seasonings like salt, pepper and dried herbs and bring the pot to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to maintain a simmer and cover the pot with a lid.
- Depending on how many chicken breasts you are boiling, the cooking time will vary. For two to three chicken breasts it will take approximately 8 to 15 minutes depending on how thick they are. The best way to tell if your chicken is done is with a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees F.
What should I serve with Crack Chicken?
Crack Chicken is great served on hamburger buns with potato chips or French fries on the side. Or, add a vegetable side dish like Broccoli Salad, Roasted Cauliflower or 7 Layer Salad. If you don’t want to serve it on hamburger buns, you can also serve it with pasta or rice. Or, roll it up in tortillas for easy wrap sandwiches.
More delicious Crock Pot Dinners!
I know your family is going to love this Crack Chicken – it’s one of our favorite slow cooker chicken recipes! Looking for more slow cooker dinner ideas? Be sure to check out some of my other favorite recipes.
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken – Tender, juicy and delicious flavored with liquid smoke and smothered in barbecue sauce.
- Crock Pot Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches – Layers of tender ham, a cheese all cooked in your Crock Pot!
- French Dip Sandwiches – The roast beef is slow cooked all day in your crock pot so it’s falling apart tender when you pile it high in your toasted hoagie roll with melted provolone cheese.
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!!? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 oz packet ranch seasoning mix
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 oz each, cubed
- 2.8 oz bacon bits
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray crock pot with non stick spray. Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot. Top with ranch seasoning and cubed cream cheese.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
- When cooking time is done shred the chicken with two forks. Then add the cheese and bacon. Stir to combine and cook on low for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns or how ever you would like to enjoy it!