This quick and easy BLT DIP is reminiscent of your favorite sandwich with just five ingredients. It’s the perfect easy appetizer recipe for parties!
BLT dip is a party favorite! The BLT sandwich is a timeless classic for a reason. Bacon, lettuce, and tomato are just the ultimate combination of flavors. So, put that combination into dip form with sour cream and mayo sand you’ve got a crazy good party dip.
If the sandwich is classic and timeless, then so is the dip! It’s a crowd pleaser, so I make it all the time. Plus, it’s so simple to put together that even my kids can make it if I’m busy cooking up another delicious treat like hot spinach dip.
Fill your appetizer table with irresistible bacon treats like this dip and a bacon ranch cheese ball. Bacon is the true way to a persons heart, am I right? Well, it’s either bacon or a warm chocolate chip cookie!
Why You’ll Love BLT Dip
- To make this dip, you only need 5 simple ingredients and they likely may already be in your pantry and fridge!
- This dip recipe only takes 20 minutes to make. It’s a great last minute addition to any party. Or, the perfect dip to throw together if you want a quick snack.
- Dips are super adaptive because you can easily add or subtract ingredients ot them and you can use tons of great things to dip into it!
Ingredients for BLT Dip Recipe
- Sour cream – This is the base for this creamy BLT dip! Some use cream cheese, but the flavor combination of sour cream with these other ingredients is to die for.
- Mayonnaise – For best results, use a high quality mayonnaise that isn’t really oily.
- Chopped lettuce – You can either chop your own lettuce, or buy a bag of chopped lettuce. Be sure to wash it well and dry it completely before using it
- Roma tomatoes – The flavor of roma tomatoes works best, but you can use other tomatoes if you prefer.
- Bacon – Cook some bacon and chop it up well to use in this recipe.
How to Make BLT Recipe
Beat together the sour cream and mayonnaise in a medium sized mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
Spread the mixture into the bottom of a shallow dish, like a pie plate.
Then, layer the lettuce, chopped bacon, and diced tomatoes on top of the sour cream and mayo.
Refrigerate until you plan to serve! Then serve alongside crostini, chips, crackers, or anything else you want to use to dip and scoop.
What to serve with BLT Dip
You can dip any number of things into BLT dip. Some of my favorites are:
- Pretzel chips
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Pita bread
How to Store Leftovers of BLT Dip Recipe
Place leftover dip into an airtight container or cover the shallow dish it is in with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days, any longer and the lettuce and tomatoes will wilt and ruin the flavor.
However, even though you can store leftovers I recommend just making the dip fresh. It’s best when it is fresh! Do not freeze leftovers.
Can I use something other than sour cream in BLT dip?
If you want something different than sour cream that this easy BLT dip calls for, you can replace it with plain Greek yogurt or cream cheese. It will change the flavor, but will still taste delicious!
Feel free to change the mayonnaise out for lite mayo to save on some calories too.
What can I add to BLT dip?
You can add shredded cheese to the top of your BLT dip! Cheddar cheese, Monterey jack and Colby jack will all taste perfect. Chop up some green onions and add those to the top too.
Feel free to add a little pepper to the sour cream mixture for some added flavor.
Can I use bacon bits on BLT dip?
Crispy crunchy bacon is best for this dip. Bacon bits are typically not very crunchy, but you can use them if you’d like! It would save a little bit of time.
- Place your shallow dish or pie dish into the fridge before putting the sour cream mixture in it. It will keep it extra cold!
- If you want your dip to chill quickly before serving, place it in the freezer for a few minutes to speed chill.
- Add some kick to your BLT dip with slices of jalapeños!
A cold bowl of BLT dip is just the thing to add to your next party or snack time!
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love
- Layered Taco Dip is packed with flavor! It’s a fabulous addition to taco night or an appetizer table at your party.
- This incredible Queso Dip is way better than anything you could buy at the grocery store or order at a restaurant. You’re going to love it!
- Want an option for a warm and creamy dip? This Hot Spinach Dip is the best! It always goes so quickly no matter what crowd I serve it to.
- Skip the campfire and make this S’more Dip inside. A great option if you’re craving s’mores on a rainy evening, or if it’s too cold for a campfire!
- This Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball makes a delicious holiday appetizer.
- Caramelized Onion Dip is a delicious dip full of flavor that everyone devours!
- Cheesy Bruschetta Dip – Loaded with Cheese, Tomatoes and Garlic this dip is to die for and a must make!
- Cookies and Cream Dip – Quick, Easy Sweet Dip that’s Loaded with Oreos!
- 50+ Small Bite Party Appetizers ~ Get ready for holiday parties and New Year’s Eve by making small bite appetizers!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 8 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 3 Roma tomatoes seeded and chopped
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together sour cream and mayonnaise until blended. Spread in shallow baking dish and pie plate.
- Layer lettuce, bacon, and tomatoes on top of sour cream mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices, chips etc.