Linguine Casserole ~ Stuffed with Ham, Swiss Cheese and Linguine! The ultimate comfort food!
Another Sunday…another blog posting…I’m pretty sure that I’m going to end this tradition sometime! It’s been a good day and a good weekend for that matter minus the yucky weather Friday night and Saturday. I know this has been a popular saying but man am I going to be happy when spring finally comes!
Friday night we laid low. On Saturday I got a text from my niece saying that she was just soooo bored. I remember when that was my favorite saying. It was very popular for me especially in the summer. My poor parents is all I’m going to say. I think this may be one of those things that comes back to haunt me when I have kids! So Hallie came over to my house for a bit. I warned her that we had to clean up after Jason was in the attic and he came down with half the insulation also. She didn’t think that sounded so bad so she helped me do a bunch of cleaning. We then made a pan of bars and she was a good helper. Her favorite part of course was licking the spatula…at one point she had a glob of peanut butter on her nose! I took a pic of her and had to put it in the blog! After we got done baking we went to her house and worked on a wedding scrapbook her mom had made for our wedding and it just needed pics put in it. We knocked a bunch off and Lynn even treated us to supper. Can’t turn that down!
Today was a day spent doing laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning up a bit ..oh and I can’t forget … getting tax stuff ready for our appointment on Wednesday. Man I’m not looking forward to that! The recipe I’m going to share with you is a new recipe and I just tried it out tonight. I’ve been trying to eat a little healthier and this is a “lightened” up version. We definitely thought it was good!!
- 8 oz uncooked linguine broke in half
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 c. cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 3/4 c. shredded Swiss Cheese divided
- 1 can 10 3/4oz. reduced-fat reduced sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 c. 8 oz. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the ham, 1 1/2 c. cheese, soup, sour cream, garlic and onion. Drain pasta; add to ham mixture and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 13 in x 9 in baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Looking for more comforting casseroles?
Mexican Chicken Spaghetti – Spice up your dinner time with this!
Cordon Bleu Bubble Up ~ Comforting casserole full of biscuits, Alfredo sauce, chicken, ham and Swiss cheese!
Sloppy Joe Under a Bun Casserole ~ Sloppy Joe Meat hidden under a layer of cheese and topped with a “bun”!