Linguine Casserole is an easy family-friendly casserole recipe that everyone will love for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Linguine pasta tossed with a creamy cheese sauce and diced ham. Pair it with a side salad or roasted vegetables for an entire meal.
How does a warm and cozy casserole recipe that takes just 15 minutes to prep sound? I don’t know about you, but a low-prep casserole is basically what my dinnertime dreams are made. It’s easy to make, hearty and comforting and so family-friendly you’ll want to add it to your regular dinner rotation.
I love EASY casseroles like this casserole recipe. Chicken Pot Pie Casserole and Sloppy Joe Casserole are two of my favorite easy casserole recipes, but my family really loves this Linguine Casserole during the winter months when we’re all craving carbs and comfort!
It’s an easy pasta casserole that’s so creamy and rich. Perfect for a cold and chilly night! My family can’t resist pasta coated in a rich and savory cheese sauce. Plus, this casserole is also a great way to use up leftover ham, so if you’re planning to make a ham for the holidays be sure to save this recipe to use up the leftovers!
Instead of making a complicated cheese sauce for this recipe we’re using some simple pantry ingredients along with some refrigerated ones, but you’d never guess. The sauce tastes like one of those fancy cream sauces you might get in a restaurant!
What do I need to make this casserole?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- Uncooked linguini, broken in half
- Cubed cooked ham
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- Reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Reduced-fat sour cream
- Chopped onion
How do I make Linguine Casserole?
- Prepare Linguine – boil the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta once it’s cooked.
- Mix Ingredients – combine the ham, cheese, condensed soup, sour cream and onion together in a bowl. Add the cooked pasta and stir so it’s evenly coated in the sauce. Transfer the pasta and sauce to a 9×13″ baking dish. Cover the baking dish with tin foil.
- Bake Casserole – transfer the dish to the oven and bake the casserole for 35 minutes. Uncover the casserole, sprinkle more cheese over the top, and bake it for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbling hot.
How do I store leftovers?
- Refrigerator: You can store the leftover casserole in the refrigerator for up to three days. I like to portion out the casserole into smaller containers so it’s easy to reheat later.
- Freezer: You can also freeze the leftovers! Just be sure to store them in a freezer-safe and airtight container. The frozen casserole will keep will for up to two months.
What do I serve with Linguine Casserole?
This easy casserole goes with so many different kinds of vegetable side dishes. You can serve it with a simple salad tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette or other dressing you like. Or, try some other veggies like cooked broccoli, Roasted Cauliflower, Lemon Asparagus or my Crock Pot Green Beans. You can’t go wrong with some homemade Breadsticks on the side for an extra carby-kick!
Are you ready to get this cozy casserole into your oven! It’s so easy and so delicious I know you’re going to love it! Of course, I have some more casserole recipes for you to browse so be sure to check them out!
More delicious casserole recipes!
Love casseroles for dinner as much as me? Here are a few of my go-to favorite casserole recipes that are always a hit, plus quick and easy!
- 7 Layer Casserole – Layers of rice, corn, onion, bacon and more! It was one of my favorite casseroles growing up and your family is going to love it too!
- Sloppy Joe Casserole – All your favorite flavors from sloppy joes with a crust made from Bisquick that’s easy and delicious!
- Cheesy Ham Casserole – Perfect for when you have leftover ham. The creamy cheese sauce that smothers the pasta and ham is amazing!
- Beef Enchilada Casserole – Layers of seasoned ground beef, cheese, enchilada sauce, and soft flour tortillas baked until everything is hot and bubbly.
- Chicken & Dumplings Casserole – Classic Chicken and Dumplings made into a hearty casserole.
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!!? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your amazing casseroles!!
- 8 oz uncooked linguine broke in half
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 c. cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 3/4 c. shredded Swiss Cheese divided
- 1 can reduced-fat reduced sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted 10 3/4 oz
- 1 c. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the ham, 1 1/2 c. cheese, soup, sour cream, garlic and onion. Drain pasta; add to ham mixture and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 13 in x 9 in baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.