Quick and easy chicken spaghetti is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner idea! It has chicken, spaghetti noodles, and lots of cheese making it gooey and creamy. It’s a classic casserole that’s pure comfort food and uses simple, pantry staple ingredients.
Chicken spaghetti is one of those classic dishes that just doesn’t get enough attention. It’s really such a seriously good comfort food! What’s better than cheesy, creamy noodles with chicken when you’re in need of a little comfort.
This warm “stick to your ribs” meal is a favorite in the winter time. I love throwing it together and making some homemade rolls to go with it.
Cheesy chicken spaghetti is a dish that even casserole snobs will love! It’s the perfect combination of flavors, and great to throw together as a last minute dinner idea.
Why You’ll Love Chicken Spaghetti
- It only takes 10 minutes to prep chicken spaghetti bake! The rest of the work is done for you by the oven.
- This dish is great to bring to a potluck or make when you sign up for a meal train dinner slot.
- Many of the needed ingredients are pantry staples that you likely already have. You may not even need to run to the store to get something to make for dinner!
Ingredients for Chicken Spaghetti Bake
- Angel hair pasta – Even though this is chicken spaghetti it’s best to use angel hair pasta! It works better in a pasta bake, but you can use regular spaghetti noodles if you want though.
- Cream of Mushroom soup – If you don’t like mushrooms, not to worry. You won’t be able to taste the cream of mushroom soup in this easy chicken spaghetti recipe. It blends well with everything else!
- Cream of Chicken soup – This soup is really salty, so that’s why you don’t need salt for this recipe!
- Sour cream – Sour cream helps make this delicious chicken spaghetti extra creamy. If you don’t have sour cream, you can use plain greek yogurt.
- Shredded Mexican cheese – This is the blend of cheeses I recommend using in this recipe, but you can use mild or sharp cheddar, colby jack, or any other shredded cheese you’d like.
- Rotel – These tomatoes with green chiles add the perfect amount of kick to this chicken spaghetti recipe.
- Cooked chicken – You can use diced or shredded chicken, both will work. Either cook your own chicken, or buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it!
How to Make Chicken Spaghetti
Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
Then, prepare your pasta according to the directions on the package. Once it’s cooked, drain the water off.
While the pasta is cooking, mix both cans of soup, the sour cream, the Rotel, and the cooked chicken together in a large mixing bowl.
Add the cooked and drained noodles to the same bowl and stir to combine.
Pour the chicken spaghetti mixture into the 9×13 baking dish, cover it with foil, and make for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly
Sprinkle the chicken spaghetti bake with Mexican cheese and place it bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve while hot!
What to Serve with Chicken Spaghetti
This creamy chicken spaghetti is already the ultimate comfort food, but make it even more comforting by pairing it with homemade biscuits just takes it to the next level. It also pairs well with this yummy air fryer cheesy garlic bread.
How to Store Leftover Chicken Spaghetti Bake
There are multiple different ways to store this creamy chicken spaghetti.
FREEZER MEAL: If you want to have prepared freezer meals, prep the whole casserole (but don’t bake it!) and then wrap it in foil or saran wrap and place the whole thing in the freezer for up to 2 months. Allow the casserole to fully thaw and then bake until hot and bubbly!
FRIDGE: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: You can store the unbaked, and baked, chicken spaghetti in the freezer. Either wrap the leftovers in saran wrap while in the casserole dish, or place them in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 2 months.
How to Reheat Leftovers
To reheat, place in the microwave or oven until heated through.
Can I use raw chicken in this recipe?
No, this recipe calls for cooked chicken. Raw chicken will not cook thoroughly if mixed in with all of the pre-cooked ingredients. The chicken needs to be cooked before being added to the chicken spaghetti!
You can also used canned chicken. I usually use two cans in this recipe for a shortcut.
- If you’d like some extra kick, add sliced jalapeños to this easy chicken spaghetti recipe.
- Make this creamy chicken spaghetti in a large batch and portion into multiple disposable casserole dishes. Throw them in your freezer and then you’ll have meals ready to go to give friends or family when they need them!
- Season your chicken before you cook it. It will give extra flavor to the chicken spaghetti.
Make this easy recipe on your next busy evening! So easy and delicious.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- Skip the takeout and make this tasty Chicken Fried Rice right at home!
- Want some more casserole recipes? Check out this easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole.
- If you want a tasty game-day dip, try this Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- This Cheesy Chicken Stuffing Casserole is a family dinner favorite.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounce can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles undrained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While preparing the pasta mix all other ingredients, except cheese, in a mixing bowl.
- When pasta is done cooking and drained, add to cooked pasta. Stir to combine.
- Put spaghetti mixture into the prepared 9×13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until melted, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.