Quick and Easy Mexican Chicken Spaghetti is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner idea! It has chicken, spaghetti and cheese. This Mexican Chicken Casserole is creamy, delicious and loaded with spice! What a great casserole recipe that’s a family favorite!
Mexican Chicken Casserole
Wowzers! If you are looking for a recipe with a little bit of kick this definitely has it in loads! This Mexican Chicken Casserole has a kick from the Rotel diced tomatoes. Don’t worry, it won’t make your upper lip bead with sweat, but it provides some bang when you want it! Now, I use the regular Rotel, but if you want to kick up the heat a level go for the HOT Rotel!
I’m Midwestern, we do things mild 😉
This is the second time I’ve made this recipe actually. The first time I completely forgot to get a picture of it so I just couldn’t post it without a picture now could I? That was ok because I got to make it again and enjoy another meal of it.
Grocery List for Chicken Spaghetti
- Angel hair pasta
- Cooked chicken
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Cream of chicken soup
- Can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles
- Sour cream
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
This is not for the faint of heart or for faint taste buds, but it’s a little bit of a twist on your usually same old casseroles that’s for sure! Plus, I made it after work and it was easy and fast, which is what I look for these days that’s for sure!
Trying to work, keep a halfway decently clean house, make supper, do laundry, take care of a baby sure keeps me busy. Kudos to all you moms out there. I now fully understand why you are stressed most of the time!!
How do you make chicken spaghetti with Rotel?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Mix all other ingredients, except the shredded cheese, add to cooked pasta.
- Put in a 9×13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until melted, bubbly and golden brown!
Watch me make this Overnight French Toast Casserole below!
See how easy this is to make? Just a handful of ingredients but it packs a ton of flavor!
Mexican Chicken Spaghetti
Now, like I said before I’m Midwestern, aka from Minnesota. Around these parts we call casseroles “Hot Dishes”. Do you know what a Hot Dish is?
Essentially it’s just a casserole, but after I started to blog I had to retrain myself to call a Hot Dish a casserole. It was tricky, but now I’m finally there for the most part but it still sounds a little foreign coming out of my mouth.
Now, you can totally call this Mexican Chicken Hot Dish or Mexican Chicken Casserole. I will know what you mean either way!
Can you freeze Mexican Chicken Casserole?
You bet! This dish can be made ahead and frozen. Leftovers taste even better on day two! I love a great meal that offers so much flavor, but is easy and affordable.
This is a great pantry meal! Print off this recipe and tape it on the fridge. Next time you buy a rotisserie chicken, this is the perfect meal to make with the leftovers!
More delicious casseroles you and your family will love!
- Leftover Ham and Spinach Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Tuna Macaroni Casserole
- Cheesy Beef & Macaroni Casserole
- Meatball Sub Casserole
- Poppy Seed Chicken
Be sure to try this easy tasty Mexican Chicken Spaghetti Recipe, I know it will be a new family favorite, cheesy spaghetti deliciousness! Enjoy and please leave a five-star comment, I’d love to hear how your family enjoyed this recipe!
Mexican Chicken Spaghetti
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 2 c. cooked chicken chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 oz can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Mix all other ingredients, except cheese, add to cooked pasta. Put in a 9×13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until melted.