Sloppy Joe Casserole is a quick and easy casserole recipe that is perfect for dinner! It’s the perfect recipe for a family dinner that screams comfort food. All your favorite flavors from sloppy joes with a crust made from Bisquick that’s easy and delicious!
Raise your hand if you grew up eating sloppy joes! You know, those hot ground beef sandwiches with the tangy sauce served on hamburger buns? We actually called them Barbecues growing up, but I think that’s a midwestern thing! So, sloppy joes – barbecues, whatever you want to call them they are a comforting family-friendly dinner, right?
Well, we’re getting our sloppy joe on today but we’re doing it as a casserole instead. A big, bubbling hot sloppy joe casserole topped with a super easy crust that’s ready to serve in less than an hour!
You guys know how cold it gets here in the winter because I’m pretty sure I write about it every year! Don’t get me wrong, I love a Minnesota winter but it’s absolutely necessary to have all kinds of hearty and comforting dinners to help us get through! Chili and Chicken Pot Pie Casserole are two of our favorites and, of course, this Sloppy Joe Casserole.
You can definitely serve this easy casserole year-round, but around here it goes into heavy rotation during the cold weather months. Plus, it’s one of those dinners I know will please everyone – the hubby loves it, the kiddos gobble it up, and I love it, too, because it’s easy to make and the leftovers reheat well.
What ingredients do I need?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious casserole recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- ground beef
- canned sloppy joe sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Greek yogurt
- sesame seeds
How to make Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Prepare the filling – cook the ground beef in a skillet. Drain the fat and add the sloppy joe sauce and stir to combine. Spread the ground beef filling in an even layer in a baking dish. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Make the batter – in a mixing bowl, combine the bisquick, eggs, yogurt, and milk. Pour the batter over the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top.
- Bake the casserole – transfer the casserole to the oven and bake it for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
What Tools Do I Need?
- skillet or pan
- spatula or spoon
- mixing bowl
- 9×13″ baking dish
Can you freeze it?
You can freeze the casserole after baking and once it’s cooled. Tightly wrap with plastic wrap. It will keep in the freezer for two months. To thaw, either leave it at room temperature or in the refrigerator. You can rewarm individual servings in the microwave or warm it in the oven.
What goes with Sloppy Joe Casserole?
Go try out this casserole if you are looking for an easy and fun twist on your typical old Sloppy Joe! If you’re looking for more casserole recipes be sure to check out a few more of my favorite recipes!
More easy casserole recipes!
Comforting and delicious – we love casseroles! If you’re looking for more cozy and delicious casserole recipes I think you’ll love these recipes!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
I’d love it you would rate this recipe!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 15 1/2 oz can sloppy joe sauce
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 c. Bisquick
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 c. Greek yogurt
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until cooked throughly. Drain grease off ground beef. Stir in sloppy joe sauce and mix well.
- Spread sloppy joe mixture on the bottom of a greased 13x9 in glass baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top of meat.
- In a small mixing bowl combine Bisquick, eggs, milk and Greek yogurt until just blended. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- You can freeze the casserole after baking and once it's cooled. Tightly wrap with plastic wrap. It will keep in the freezer for two months. To thaw, either leave it at room temperature or in the refrigerator. You can rewarm individual servings in the microwave or warm it in the oven.