Sloppy Joe Under a Bun Casserole ~ an easy and fun twist on your typical old Sloppy Joe!
You know what “us” food bloggers hate? Ugly food. There I said it.
Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a casserole. I know I love them and I love to share them, but honestly it’s a picture that gets you guys to come back all the time or click through to my blog on Pinterest for you Pinterest fanatics.
It’s not the thought of “Oh, Julie I bet has an awesome recipe!” Although maybe there are a few of you out there like that. A.K.A. My mother. Bless her heart. She doesn’t care if my pictures are pretty. She keeps coming back for more.
You guys on the other hand are a little bit more critical, so here’s my best picture of this yummy casserole. I wanted to be able to show you that layer of saucy meat, the cheese oozing out of it an then topped with the layer of “bun” with sesame seeds. Did I accomplish it and make it look some what appeasing? I sure hope so.
Otherwise I’ll never see you again. And that would, well, just break my heart! So take my word and go try out this casserole if you are looking for an easy and fun twist on your typical old Sloppy Joe!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Sloppy Joe Under a Bun Casserole
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 15 1/2 oz can sloppy joe sauce
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 c. Bisquick
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 c. chobani
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until cooked throughly. Drain grease off ground beef. Stir in sloppy joe sauce and mix well.
- Spread sloppy joe mixture on the bottom of a greased 13x9 in glass baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top of meat.
- In a small mixing bowl combine Bisquick, eggs, milk and Chobani until just blended. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More | Kitchen Meets Girl
Looking for more Casserole ideas?