Learn how to make the best Mimosa! This easy brunch cocktail only requires two ingredients including sparkling wine and orange juice. It’s light, fizzy and easy to sip on. Directions included for individual servings of this cocktail or a large batch to serve at your next brunch.
For your next brunch, you need to make a batch of mimosas! This is the easiest brunch drink ever with just two ingredients. It’s quick and easy to make, leaving you free to hang out with your guests and enjoy brunch!
What is a Mimosa?
A classic mimosa is made with orange juice and champagne or other sparkling wine like prosecco.
The recipe I’m sharing is a classic version, but you can use other fruit juices to make them, too. I’ve made tropical mimosas with pineapple and mango that are delicious, too!
But today we’re going back to basics and making traditional mimosa drinks. I’m showing you how to make a single drink or a big batch to serve a crowd.
- Chilled dry sparkling wine – we love brut or prosecco.
- Orange juice – I prefer pulp-free juice.
- Garnishes – strawberries, orange slices, and maraschino cherries are great!
How to Make a Mimosa
With just two ingredients it’s easy to make the mimosa exactly how you like it! You can adjust the amounts to your tastes. This is what I like to do:
Fill the champagne glass 1/3 full with orange juice. Top it off with the champagne. Add the garnishes and enjoy!
How to Make a Pitcher
Slowly pour the champagne into a large pitcher. Add the orange juice and serve it right away or refrigerate it for up to 10 minutes.
Don’t stir the orange juice and champagne. This will cause the champagne to go flat.
You can add the garnishes to the pitcher or serve them with the individual drinks. It’s up to you!
I don’t recommend making them in advance because the champagne will go flat. This is such an easy drink you can make a batch in less than five minutes, so there’s no need to make it ahead.
I like dry unsweetened champagne. The orange juice has a lot of sugar so a dry sparkling wine works best. You can also use prosecco, which is a type of Italian sparkling wine.
You can use lots of different fruit juices to make this drink. Orange juice is traditional, but try making them with pineapple, watermelon, strawberry, or mango juice. You can also do a mix of fruit juices.
Now that you have the best mimosa recipe all you need are some amazing brunch dishes to go with your drinks! Browse all of my favorite Easy Brunch Recipes – there are a ton of great ideas.
Make a batch for holiday brunches, Mother’s Day, Easter or any regular weekend when you want to treat yourself! Everyone will love sipping on this easy drink.
More Amazing Brunch Drinks
- Give your coffee a boozy twist and make Irish Coffees. This is a great drink too serve for brunch! Or make a batch of Cold Brew Coffee to get your caffeine fix.
- Peach Sangria is a pretty wine cocktail made with fresh fruit. It’s delicious!
- Treat your guests to a homemade Bloody Mary. My version has a BBQ twist!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please! Seriously though, a five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your pretty drinks!!
- 750 ml dry sparkling wine sparkling wine brut or, prosecco, chilled
- 2-3 c. orange juice pulp free
- orange slices
- maraschino cherries
Large Batch Mimosa
- Slowly pour the sparkling wine into a large pitcher. Top with desired amount of orange juice. Do not stir.
- Refrigerate for up to 10 minutes. If you make it ahead of time you will lose carbonation.
- Garnish with a strawberry, orange slice or maraschino cherry before serving.
- Fill champagne flute ⅓ way with orange juice.
- Top off with champagne and garnish with a strawberry, orange slice or maraschino cherry. Enjoy immediately.