Mojitos are so fresh and delicious! This recipe has the option to make either a single serving or a pitcher of mojitos so you can share with your friends! This cocktail is the perfect blend of sweetness, citrus and mint to compliment the rum in the drink. It’s a great summer drink on a hot night!
The BEST Mojito!
I’m back with another cocktail because this summer is all about the cold and refreshing drinks like this Mojito!
Now that summer is underway, one of my favorite things to do is sip on cold drinks outside at night especially since we poured a new patio!
This Mojito is one of our favorites because we can make a couple of drinks at a time if it’s just me and the hubby or we can mix up a big pitcher if we have friends over. Everyone loves this minty-fresh cocktail.
What is a Mojito?
Mojito (pronounced mow-hee-tow) is a classic cocktail from Cuba. It’s popular during the summer because the combination of mint, lime, rum and club soda is so refreshing.
It’s usually served in a high ball glass with ice. To make a mojito, the lime juice and fresh mint leaves are muddled together in the glass before the rum, club soda, and simple syrup are added.
What is Muddling?
Muddling is just a fancy way of saying “mushing”. Okay, that might be my technical term so maybe the word “crushing” is a better way to explain it!
When you muddle ingredients you are basically just crushing the mint leaves in the bottom of the glass. Muddling helps to enhance the flavor of the mint by releasing the oil so your drink is infused with lots of minty flavor.
Bartenders use wooden muddlers (sometimes they look like miniature baseball bats) but you don’t have to run out and buy a muddler – a wooden spoon works really well, too!
This is the best Mojito recipe because it has just five ingredients (plus ice, of course) and it’s so easy to make! I’m showing you how to make a single-serving Mojito and how to make a big batch of Mojitos in a pitcher for parties or summer happy hours with friends.
- Fresh mint leaves
- White rum
- Fresh lime juice
- Simple Syrup
- Club soda
White rum is a rum that hasn’t been aged very long and it has a subtle sweet taste. It’s also a clear alcohol so when you mix it with the fresh mint leaves and other ingredients you can see the pretty green color from the mint. I don’t recommend using a dark rum for a Mojito cocktail because the flavor will overpower the flavor of the mint and lime juice.
Mojitos are sweetened with simple syrup, which is just equal parts sugar and water that are simmered together until the sugar dissolves. I love to make big batches of simple sugar for different kinds of drinks because it keeps well in the refrigerator. That way, I don’t have to make it every time I want a drink.
How to Make a Mojito
Once you have all of your ingredients it’s so easy to make a Mojito! I’m sharing how to make just one drink or, if you’re serving a crowd, you can make a big batch of mojitos for parties. I’ve included both sets of instructions in the recipe card so you can print it out!
Single Serving Mojito
- In a tall cocktail glass, muddle 10 mint leaves with 2 ounces of fresh lime juice.
- Add 2 ounces of white rum and 2 to 3 teaspoons of simple syrup.
- Add 1 cup of ice to the glass and then pour a ½ cup of club soda over the top.
- Stir the drink to combine and then garnish with more mint and lime wedges.
- In a pitcher, muddle 80 mint leaves with 1 cup of fresh lime juice.
- Add 2 cups of white rum and 1/3 cup of simple syrup.
- Add 4 cups of ice to the pitcher and then pour a 8 cups of club soda over the top.
- Stir well and then you can garnish the pitcher with more mint and lime wedges, or leave the garnishes on the side so guests can garnish their own drinks.
I can’t think of anything better to sip on a hot summer night than a minty citrus cocktail – I know you’re going to love these Mojitos, too!
More Summer Cocktail Recipes!
- Vodka Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Lemonade Margarita
- Spiked Watermelon Lemonade
- Strawberry Limeade Sangria
- Aperol Spritz
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS MOJITO RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time I post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!! 😋Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 10 fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces white rum or 4 tablespoon
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tsp simple syrup to taste
- ½ c. club soda
- 1 c. ice cubes
PITCHER FOR A CROWD (8 SERVINGS):
- 80 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 c. white rum
- 1 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/3 c. simple syrup or more/less to taste
- 4 c. ice
- 8 c. club soda
- For A Single Serving: Muddle the mint with the lime juice (using a cocktail muddler or a wooden spoon in the bottom of a tall cocktail glass).
- Add the rum, simple syrup, ice and club soda, and mix well as extra mint or lime wedges for garnish, if desired.
- For A Pitcher: Add the mint leaves with lime juice in a large pitcher and muddle (using a cocktail muddler or a wooden spoon). Add the rum, simple syrup, ice and club soda, and mix well as extra mint or lime wedges for garnish, if desired.
- Serve in tall glasses filled with ice, then garnish with extra mint or lime wedges, if desired.