There’s nothing like a refreshing Blackberry Mojito on a hot summer day! A great cocktail recipe for nights on the patio, swimming by the pool or sipping on the back deck on the weekend. A mixture of muddled blackberries with mint leaves, lemon and lime juice and a touch of sugar. Top with rum and club soda for an amazing summer drink.
So, it’s hard for me to pick a favorite cocktail because I have quite a few I love to make, but this blackberry mojito might just be my drink of choice for the summer! It’s fruity, refreshing, and a little fizzy – basically, my favorite kind of drink.
It’s based on a classic mojito, a rum cocktail made with mint, limes, a little sugar, and soda water. This blackberry version adds a fruity twist!
You Will Love This Easy Cocktail
- You only need a few ingredients to make a blackberry mojito!
- It’s a refreshing, cold drink that is perfect for sipping on the porch, deck, or by the pool.
- It’s not hard to make and you don’t need any special equipment.
If you like rum drinks, you have to give this one a try. Add some ranch pretzels to go with it for a great happy hour snack.
- Rum – choose silver or white rum for this drink.
- Mint leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Lime wedges
- Granulated sugar
- Club soda
How to Make It
Place the blackberries, sugar, and mint in a glass. Squeeze the juice from one lemon wedge and one lime wedge into the glass.
Use a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon to crush the blackberries and mint.
Add ice cubes and pour the rum over the top. Top the drink off with club soda.
Give it a stir and garnish with lime wedges or lemon wedges.
If you don’t like rum you can use vodka instead and make vodka mojitos.
Blackberries are great but you can use other berries, too! Try raspberries, blueberries, or make strawberry mojitos! You can also mix fruit to make your own custom mojito drink.
Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar to suit your tastes. You can also use simple syrup to make this drink.
You don’t need a fancy wooden muddler to make this drink – if you have a wooden spoon just use the handle end to crush the fruit.
What goes with blackberry mojitos?
Pair your drinks with these dishes!
- We love them with tacos! Try my Chicken Tacos or Fish Tacos for a delicious dinner.
- Add some snacks for a happy hour like homemade Salsa, Guacamole, and my Shrimp Wonton Cups!
- Or make a batch of Taco Oyster Crackers or Chex Mix for an easy, crunchy snack.
Who’s ready to sip on summer drinks? I know I am and this blackberry mojito will be in our drink rotation all summer long. I hope you try it, too!
More Drinks with Rum!
- A classic Mai Tai is a fruity cocktail that is the perfect summer drink when entertaining!
- If you love a refreshing frozen cocktail you have to try my Strawberry Daiquiri!
- My Pineapple Fruit Cocktail Drink can be spiked with rum for a delicious drink that’s perfect for the summer.
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!!? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your delicious blackberry mojitos!!
- 1 ½ ounces rum
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 10-12 blackberries
- 1 lemon cut in wedges
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar or less, depending on how sweet you prefer
- club soda
- Add blackberries, mint, sugar lemon juice from one wedge and lime juice from one wedge to tall glass.
- Muddle with a muddler until blackberries are crushed.
- Add rum and ice to almost fill cup.
- Top off glass with club soda. Mix thoroughly with straw stick or spoon.
- Garnish with lemon and/or lime if desired.