Sheet Pan Quesadillas
Craving a quesadilla? Make these easy Sheet Pan Quesadillas that will feed the entire family or they are perfect for parties. Crispy tortillas stuffed with seasoned chicken, peppers, sour cream and cheese. An incredibly delicious meal that everyone will love and so easy to customize.
Looking for a really simple way to feed a large group of people? Then these easy sheet pan quesadillas are your solution! This simple recipe can be used to make a big batch of party appetizers, a main dish for dinner, or as a tasty dish to bring to a potluck.
And be sure to make some homemade guacamole or salsa to pair with these delicious quesadillas! There’s no need to go to a Mexican restaurant when quesadillas are this easy to make.
Throw this together the next time you’re craving Mexican food and don’t have much time on your hands.
Why You’ll Love Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- It only takes 45 minutes to make this dish that will serve 8!
- Sheet pan quesadillas are really adaptable and you can add or replace any ingredients to make the perfect quesadillas for you.
- You can make multiple pans of this same dish in order to have a ton of quesadillas to serve any amount of people necessary. Really the best and easiest party recipe!
Ingredients for Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas
- Shredded chicken breast – Make this super simple Crock Pot Shredded Chicken or Instant Pot Shredded Chicken.
- Onion – I recommend using a yellow onion in this sheet pan quesadilla recipe!
- Green bell pepper – If you don’t like green bell pepper, feel free to use yellow, orange, or red bell pepper instead.
- Olive oil – You’ll sauté the onion and bell pepper in olive oil. You can replace it with butter or another cooking oil if you prefer.
- Sour cream – Even if you’re not a fan of sour cream, you’ll love it in this recipe! It makes the quesadillas extra creamy and delicious.
- Monterey jack cheese – Monterey jack is my favorite in this recipe, but feel free to replace it with cheddar cheese, Colby jack, a Mexican blend, or anything else.
- Flour tortillas – If you can find freshly made flour tortillas, those are best!
- Spices – This spice mixture makes the perfect combination of flavors for these sheet pan quesadillas.
- Salt and pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
How to Make Sheet Pan Quesadillas
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and the spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside for later.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and then add onion and bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, until the onion begins to soften and get translucent.
Then, add the chicken and all spices into the same skillet. Stir well until the seasoning covers all of the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes until heated through, and then stir sour cream into the mixture.
Place 6 flour tortillas around the edges of the prepared baking sheet. The tortillas will need to hang halfway over the edge of the pan, leaving a gap in the center. Place one tortillas in the middle to cover the gap.
Spoon the chicken mixture onto the tortillas and evenly spread it around. Then sprinkle cheese on the top of the chicken.
Place a tortilla in the very center, on top of the chicken, then fold the tortillas that are hanging over the edge towards the middle of the pan.
Place a second sheet pan on top of the folded tortillas and gently press down.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove the top sheet pan and bake for 5 more minutes until golden brown.
Remove the sheet pan quesadillas from the oven and allow them to slightly cool, then cut into even squares.
Serve with your favorite toppings!
What to Serve with Sheet Pan Quesadillas
Serve these cheesy quesadillas with any of your favorite toppings! Sour cream, sliced jalapeños, pico de gallo, salsa, guacamole, fresh cilantro, and so much more. You can also make some queso dip to dip your quesadillas in!
If you’re serving these easy sheet pan quesadillas for dinner, round out your meal with Spanish rice and refried beans. Throw in some margaritas if you want!
How to Store Leftover Quesadillas
FRIDGE: Wrap leftover quesadillas in plastic wrap or foil, or place them in an airtight container. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days!
FREEZER: You can place leftover quesadillas in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
How to Reheat Quesadillas
To reheat, allow frozen quesadillas to thaw and then place in the oven or microwave until heated through.
Can I use a different type of meat in these sheet pan quesadillas?
Absolutely! Feel free to use ground beef, chicken fajita meat, or steak fajita meat. The fajita meat may not mix with the sour cream well, so you’ll have to experiment with that. But any of these will work wonderfully!
- If you like spicy food, chop up some jalapeños or serraño peppers and add it to the chicken mixture!
- For extra fresh flavor, make your own homemade flour tortillas.
- To make things go even faster, buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it to use in these sheet pan chicken quesadillas. Another great option is shredded canned chicken!
Go ahead and make a double batch of these sheet pan chicken quesadillas, because you won’t want to stop at just a normal serving size!
More Sheet Pan Recipes You’ll Love
- Need a simple way to serve breakfast to a large amount of people? Check out these Sheet Pan Pancakes.
- These Easy Loaded Nachos are another great party appetizer!
- Nacho Fries are a copycat Taco Bell recipe that you and all of your guests are sure to love.
- Sheet Pan Lemon Parmesan Crusted Salmon and Vegetables is absolutely delicious!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- 8 large flour tortillas burrito size
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion corner
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 pound cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Optional Toppings: sour cream salsa, guacamole, pico de gallo, chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 18×13 inch sheet pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, bell pepper to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes or until the onion begs to soften and gets translucent.
- Add the chicken, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the skillet. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir sour cream into the mixture.
- Place 6 of the flour tortillas around the edges of the prepared sheet pan with the tortillas hanging halfway over the edge of the pan. Leave a gap in the center. Place 1 tortilla in the middle to cover the center gap.
- Evenly spread the chicken mixture over the top of the tortillas. Then sprinkle the cheese over the top of the meat.
- Place the last tortilla in the center of the mixture. Then fold the tortillas that are hanging over the edge of the pan towards the middle.
- Place a second sheet pan on top of the folded tortillas and press down gently.
- Place in the preheated oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 20 minutes, remove top sheet pan and bake an additional 5 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool then cut into servings. Top with your favorite toppings like sour cream, salsa, guacamole, pico de gallo etc.
- Use rotisserie chicken or two cans of shredded chicken instead of chicken breast to make this recipe even easier!
Leave a Comment