Cherry Pie Bars ~ Soft, flake crust flavored with Almond and stuffed with Cherry Pie Filling! Easier than pie but just as yummy!
I am a huge almond extract fan.
Anyone else share this feeling?
If you add almond extract to anything pretty much I’m a goner. So when I read there was not only almond extract in the dough but also in the glaze in these festive little cherry pie bars I knew I was going to love them.
Plus it had cherry. Yum. Now I can’t wait to try blueberry., but the hubby hates both of those. He says strawberry, but for
some reason I can’t wrap my head around canned strawberry pie filling. Has anyone out there tried it?
I mean fresh strawberry pies I’m all about, but canned? I just don’t know about that. Why is it ok to use every other type of canned pie filling but not strawberry in my head? Good question. I’ll let you know if I figure it out later.
I love these little bars because, well, I hate making pie. So give me a slab pie and I’m done for. Heaven.
These would be fun festive treats for Christmas too, so if you have the “dessert” assignment for a holiday gathering look no further!
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 c. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cans (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, beating after each addition. Mix in extracts. Add flour and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Spread 3 cups of the batter in a greased jelly roll pan. Spread pie filling on top of dough. Drop remaining dough by tablespoonfuls on top of cherry pie topping.
- Baked at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over bars. If serving the next day wait and do this before serving or the bars will be a bit soggy!
More Sweet Treats!
Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies ~ Soft, Chocolate Cookies filled with Cherry Pie Filling and Drizzled with Chocolate!
Lemon Pie Bars – Rich, delicious almond flavored crust with a creamy, dreamy lemon layer between the crust!
Almond Cherry Cookies ~ Soft, Delicious Almond Cookies Glazed in Cherry Frosting with a Surprise Cherry in the Middle!
*This post may include links to my Amazon.com affiliate account and Julie's Eats & Treats earns a few cents on the dollar if you purchase the items I share with you. Thank you for supporting my blog when you shop at Amazon!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up to!