Need a quick and easy appetizer or dinner idea? Make these 2-ingredient Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket. They are a delicious finger food that kids and adults both love. They are made with crescent rolls and Lit’l Smokies for the perfect bite size recipe.
If you have an air fryer, you are going to LOVE this easy air fryer pigs in a blanket recipe! You only need two ingredients to make them and they are the best party snack or you can even serve them for dinner with some French fries.
If you don’t have an air fryer, don’t worry. I have baked pigs in a blanket you can try! If you do have one, keep reading because you are going to love how easy pigs in a blanket are to make.
Why This Recipe Works
- For this recipe, I use crescent rolls to make it really easy. I always have a can in my fridge!
- For the “pig” part, we’re using Lit’l smokies. They’re small sausages that fit perfectly in the dough. They have the best flavor, too.
- Using your air fryer to cook them is fast and the dough gets perfectly browned.
- Serve them as a fun party appetizer or finger food for the kiddos. They will love them!
I love easy air fryer recipes and it doesn’t get any easier than two ingredients! These crescent dogs are great for game day, parties, or dinner. I can’t wait for you to try them!
- Refrigerated crescent rolls dough – I like Pillsbury
- Lit’l Smokies – Look for cocktail sausages near the hot dogs at the grocery store.
How to Make Them
Unroll the crescent dough and lay it flat on a cutting board. Divide the dough into triangles and slice each into three thin triangles. I like to use a paring knife to make it easy. You should have 24 slices of dough.
Place one sausage at the widest end of a piece of dough. Roll up the dough and then repeat with the rest of the little smokies.
Coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the wrapped sausages in a single layer spaced about one inch apart. Depending on the size of your basket, you may need to cook them in batches.
Air fry them at 390°F for five to eight minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Use tongs to remove them from the air fryer.
Serve pigs in a blanket hot with your favorite dipping sauces.
Dipping Sauce Ideas
If you make them for a party, it’s fun to place the pigs in a blanket on a platter with a few different sauces for dipping! Here are a few you might like to try.
- My kids love to dip theirs in ketchup!
- Mustard is great, too. Honey mustard, classic yellow mustard, or grainy brown mustard are all great.
- Try some Ranch dip!
- Serve them with your favorite bottled BBQ sauce.
You can, but you will need to cut them to fit in the dough or leave the dough as a large triangle and wrap the hot dog in that. If you do that you’ll need to add cooking time.
Yes, just make sure it’s thawed and slice it the same way. The cooking time may vary if you use puff pastry dough.
Yes, you can wrap the sausages and then keep them in the refrigerator. You may need to air fry them a minute or two longer if they are cold.
If you have leftovers, they will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. You can reheat them in the air fryer, oven, or in the microwave. The air fryer and oven give you that crispy crust again so we recommend reheating them like that.
Kids and adults love these cute pigs in a blanket! You will love how easy they are to make in your air fryer, so give them a try soon. I know you’re going to love them as much as we do!
More Air Fryer Appetizers and Snacks
- Learn how to cook hot and crispy Pizza Rolls in your air fryer!
- Everyone loves some tots, so you have to try my Air Fried Tater Tots!
- Popcorn Chicken is another easy recipe we love. It’s great as a party snack or for dinner!
- Toasted Ravioli is another fun and easy snack you might like to try, too!
- Quick and easy Air Fryer Fried Pickles are tangy, crunchy and perfectly seasoned.
- Want garlic bread that is perfectly crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside then topped with melted cheese? The best way to make it is Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Bread!
- Try these Air Fryer Corn Dogs.
- 8 ounce can crescent rolls
- 24 Lit’l Smokies
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place on the cutting board. Cut each crescent roll into three pieces the long way so you have 24 slices of crescent roll dough.
- Place a Lit’l Smokie on the widest end of the crescent roll dough. Then roll up. Repeat until all Lit’l Smokies are wrapped.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place each pig in a blanket in the basket leaving about 1’’ of room on the sides. You may have to do these in multiple batches.
- Set the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 5-8 minutes or until tops are browned and dough is cooked through.
- Remove and serve with ketchup and mustard or favorite toppings.