Pigs in a Blanket
Need a quick and easy appetizer? Check out these 2-ingredient Pigs in a Blanket! A delicious finger food that kids and adults both love. This finger food is ready in less than 30 minutes. Dunk them in your favorite dipping sauces!
This pigs in a blanket recipe is one you are going to want to hold on to! You only need two ingredients to make these tasty bites and I can guarantee they will be the hit!
This is a snack or appetizer that makes everyone happy. Kids love the little bite-sized “hot dogs” and adults love the smoky flavor with the buttery soft crescent rolls. I make these for parties all the time because they are just too easy to make and so delicious!
Why This Recipe Works
- I already mentioned it but this recipe is EASY. Which is what we all need, right?!
- They’re delicious plain, but you can add your favorite dipping sauces to go with them. I’ve got you covered with a lot of ideas later in the post.
- You can assemble them ahead and bake them later. Makes it easy when you’re prepping other recipes for a party.
Pair these pigs in a blanket with other favorite appetizers like garlic stuffed mushrooms or bacon-wrapped chicken bites for the best snack spread. Your guests will love them.
You Only Need Two Ingredients
- Little smokies – these are small cocktail sausages that are smoked. Sometimes they’re called cocktail weenies or wieners, too.
- Crescent roll dough – I like to use Pillsbury refrigerated dough. If you’re feeling adventurous you can make pig in a blankets from scratch with homemade crescent rolls dough.
How to Make Pigs in a Blanket
Unroll the dough and separate it into triangles following the perforations in the dough. Cut each triangle into three narrow triangles.
To make the pigs in a blanket, place a sausage on the long end of the triangle. Roll it up and then pinch the dough to seal. Repeat this process with the rest of the dough and sausages.
Place the them on a baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes at 375°F or until the tops of the dough are golden brown.
Serve them hot from the oven with your favorite dipping sauce!
Don’t Forget Dipping Sauces!
There are so many options for dipping sauces. You can keep it really simple or make a special sauce to serve with your mini pigs in a blanket.
- Serve them with small bowls of ketchup, BBQ sauce, or your favorite kind of mustard. Simple yellow mustard is great or try creamy Dijon or grainy-style mustard.
- Make a sweet dipping sauce by combining ketchup with brown sugar.
- Bloomin’ onion sauce pairs great with them, too! It’s a sweet and tangy sauce with a kick.
- Homemade Ranch dip works really well, too!
- Or try my sweet and creamy honey mustard dip – it’s really easy to make!
Serving Tip: For parties, when I make a big batch, I’ll set out several different kinds of dipping sauce so everyone can choose their favorite. Pile the pigs in a blanket on a rimmed baking sheet and then place the bowls of sauces on the sheet with them. Makes it easy to serve them!
Storage Tips: If you have leftovers, keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They’ll keep for several days, but the crescent dough will soften as they sit. They’re best hot from the oven.
Make-Ahead Tip: You can make the pigs in a blanket a day in advance and cover the sheet pan with plastic wrap. Keep them in the refrigerator and then bake them when you’re ready to serve them.
Dough Tip: I think crescent roll dough works great because it’s easy to divide into the right sizes. You can use puff pastry to make them, but you will need to cut the triangles free-hand.
Bite-sized pigs in a blanket will be the winner at your next party. They are always the first to go! Make a big batch and enjoy!
More Super Easy Appetizers!
- Four ingredients and a few minutes of prep time are all you need for Crock Pot Ranch Mushrooms! They are buttery and delicious – the perfect party bite!
- Grape Jelly Meatballs are the best cocktail meatballs to make in your slow cooker. You only need three ingredients!
- Glazed Kielbasa Bites are another easy crockpot appetizer recipe. The sauce is so good with the sausage.
- Learn how to make Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket – they’re just as easy!
Be sure and comment below – let me know how much you love this recipe and give it five stars!!
Also, be sure and tag me at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy appetizers!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Pigs in a Blanket
- 2 tubes crescent rolls 8 oz each
- 2 packages little smokies 14 oz packages, about 48 cocktail smokies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Unroll both cans of crescent dough and separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
- Lay the little smokie down on the crescent roll dough at the largest end. Roll the smokie up in the dough. Pinch dough to seal and place the seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Place the baking sheet in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until tops of crescent rolls are browned. Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment