Craving a Corn Dog that’s hot, juicy and perfectly crispy on the outside just like you get at the fair? They are perfectly crispy on the outside without the added oil and grease.
The air fryer is perfect for making frozen corn dogs for a quick lunch or dinner in 10 minutes! I love how simple it is and it’s so much faster than the oven and they cook better, too. We love them with some potato salad or pasta salad on the side!
Can you air fry a frozen corn dog?
Yes, and it’s super simple! I think it’s the best way to cook them. Deep-frying is too messy and greasy, the breading gets too soft in the microwave, and the oven takes longer. With an air fryer, a frozen corn dog will be perfectly cooked in about 10 minutes.
I love my air fryer for cooking frozen foods – I use it for frozen fries, tater tots, and pizza rolls! Corn dogs are always a favorite at our house and so I wanted to share how I cook them so you can, too.
How long do you cook corn dogs in an air fryer?
- Place the corn dogs in a single layer in the air fryer. Make sure there is space between them so the air can circulate and cook them evenly.
- Cook them at 400°F for six to eight minutes. You can turn them halfway through, but I don’t usually need to do this.
- They’ll be really hot, so use tongs to remove them from the air fryer.
Can you cook mini corn dogs in an air fryer?
Yes, and the cooking time is about 10 minutes, too. We make them all the time so be sure to check out my air fryer mini corn dogs post for all the details!
Don’t Forget Dipping Sauces!
You’ll want a sauce (or a few!) to dip the corn dogs in – here are a few we love!
- Ketchup – this is always the kids favorite!
- Mustard – Try classic yellow mustard, spicy mustard, or beer mustard.
- Burger Sauce – It makes a great dip for corn dogs!
- Ranch Dip – Might not be traditional, but who doesn’t love ranch?!
- BBQ Sauce – Sweet, tangy, spicy… choose your favorite.
Tips for the Best Air Fried Corn Dogs
You don’t need to thaw them first! You can cook frozen corn dogs in the air fryer with no problem at all.
Depending on how many you are cooking and the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook them in batches. You should space them apart (don’t stack them or crowd the basket). If needed, you can trim the sticks so they fit.
Check on them the first time you make them. Depending on your air fryer model, they may need more or less time – so, check on them halfway through and adjust the cooking time, if needed.
Side Dish Ideas
- Pair them with French fries, tater tots, potato salad, or potato chips!
- Make a tossed salad with your favorite dressing or try our favorite macaroni salad.
- Add a healthy side like broccoli or asparagus.
- We love them with a side of tomato soup!
You will love how good frozen corn dogs can be when you cook them in the air fryer. They’re just as good as the fair! You’ll want them stashed in your freezer so you can make a batch whenever you get a craving. Enjoy!
More Easy Ways to Use the Air Fryer
- Hot Dogs are super easy to cook in the air fryer, too!
- Make a batch of 2-ingredient Pigs in a Blanket for a fun snack or party appetizer.
- Hot and delicious Garlic Bread is so easy and perfect for pasta night!
- Or try our air fried Baked Potatoes with all of your favorite toppings.
- 4 frozen corn dogs
- Place the frozen corn dogs in the air fryer basket making sure they aren’t overlapping and in a single layer. If you have a smaller air fryer you may need to do this in batches or cut the stick so it fits in the basket.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces.