Birthday Cake Shots
Fun, festive Birthday Cake Shots are perfect for a birthday celebration! They add a colorful punch to any celebration, and you can make them in any colors you choose. The shot is a mixture of cake flavored Vodka and Rumchata served in a shot glass rimmed with frosting and sprinkles. These are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face! Make sure you keep this one in your favorites.
If you’re looking for a super fun shot to make for a birthday celebration, you have to try these birthday cake shots! They are an easy and fun way to celebrate!
This is a really easy shot recipe with two kinds of alcohol plus a few extras to give it a birthday twist. Plus, you can make various colors for a fun presentation, so everyone will want to try one.
Easy Birthday Cake Shot Recipe
- These shots are made with Rumchata and cake vodka – mixed together, they taste like cake!
- I love to add frosting on the shot glass rim and coat it in sprinkles for a fun decoration. You can use rainbow sprinkles or any other colors that you like.
- Gel food coloring makes it easy to create lots of colors for your shots. You can do them all the same color or do a variety.
- You can make these shots head of time and then serve them when you’re ready!
For the next birthday party, grab a few friends, a birthday cake, and make these shots to celebrate!
- Vanilla frosting – I use store bought frosting to make it easy!
- Gel food coloring – We used pink, purple, blue, and green.
- Rainbow sprinkles – Or other sprinkle colors you like.
- Chilled cake vodka – This is a vodka flavor that tastes like yellow cake.
- Rumchata – A type of sweet cream liqueur that has cinnamon and vanilla.
How to Make Birthday Shots
You can prepare the shot glasses first so they are ready to go when you mix and are ready to pour the shots.
Place the sprinkles in a shallow bowl or container. Dip the rims of the glasses in the frosting so it’s coated.
Dip the glasses in the sprinkles so the rims get an even coating of sprinkles.
Set the prepared shot glasses on the baking sheet.
Combine the vodka and RumChata in a small bowl. Divide the mixture between four ramekins.
Tint each batch with a gel color. If you are only doing one color, you don’t need to divide the shot mixture – you can color it in the bowl you mixed it in.
Pour the shot mixtures into you prepared glasses. Using a small ladle makes it easy to do this.
Keep the shots on the baking sheet and transfer the sheet to the refrigerator. Chill the shots for at least four hours before serving.
Can’t find cake vodka? Look for whipped cream vodka which has a similar flavor – it will work, too!
For an extra touch, add paper straws for decoration. You can buy them in a variety of patterns and colors – just trim them so they are the right sized for your shot glasses.
These cake shots pack a boozy punch so drink responsibly!
Have you checked your calendar for the next birthday on your list? You’ll want to make a batch of these fun shots for all the adults on your guest list! Everyone will love these cute drinks.
More Fun Drink Recipes
- Rumchata IcedCoffee Slush is a boozy coffee drink that’s super refreshing!
- An Irish Trash Can is a great celebration drink made with a variety of alcohols and mixed with Red Bull!
- A Peppermint Martini is a great after-dinner drink!
- If you love chocolate and mint, make a creamy Grasshopper Drink to treat yourself!
- Pool Party Jello Shots are easy to make with jello and vodka!
Did you try and love this recipe? Rate it, please! A five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your pics!!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Birthday Cake Shots
- ¼ c. vanilla frosting
- 4 tsp gel food color divided, in Pink Purple, Blue, and Green,
- ¼ c. Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1 c. Cake Vodka chilled
- 1 c. RumChata
- In a bowl, mix the Vodka and Rum Chata.
- Divide the mixture into 4 large Ramekins, or small bowls.
- Add the food 1 tsp of gel food coloring to each dish, making the 4 colors, pink, purple, blue and green. Stir well to mix.
- Dip each shot glass into the vanilla frosting. Then dip the shot glasses in the Rainbow Sprinkles.
- Place the shot glasses on a cookie sheet.
- With a small ladle pour the Vodka mixture to the shot glasses, and place the cookie sheet with the shot glasses in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
Leave a Comment