Love Lasagna? Then I have the perfect, easy soup recipe for you! This Lasagna Soup Recipe has all the flavor of traditional lasagna but it’s a hearty, comforting soup perfect for bundling up with when it’s freezing cold out! It’s loaded with Mafalda pasta, beef, diced tomatoes and seasonings plus topped with Mozzarella! Make a big bowl of this soup for a quick and easy dinner on a busy weeknight. Plus, it might even be better on the second day which makes it perfect for lunches and meal prep!
Yup, it’s your crazy neighbor over here snapping pictures of soup at 7:30 am. Don’t worry. I’m ok. Just look the other direction.
Trust me I do that a lot when I look over into your yard, so please have some respect and return the favor.
Or just head over to my blog. Say what? Yup, I have a food blog. Henceforth the taking of pictures bright and early.
The hubby takes Miss K to daycare lately because they start work a little later in the winter. I have an extra ten minutes or so and I use them to my advantage. Obviously I take pictures. What else would I do? Clean, put stuff away?
Oh I know. There is a lot of that to do also. But hey guess what? I can do that when it’s dark out. Then again, by the looks of my house currently. I must think cleaning and putting things away is overrated.
Oh never mind I have volleyball for three hours tonight. Priorities I tell you.
What do I need to make Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Ground beef
- Garlic roasted diced tomatoes
- Spaghetti sauce
- Beef broth
- Italian Seasoning
- Mafalda pasta
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
Lasagna Soup Recipe
In case your life seems epically busy all the time then this tasty little soup is going to warm up your insides in a jiffy. Perfect for a weeknight treat when you need to get the meal on the table ASAP.
Wait…that’s every night isn’t it?
Seriously, this soup is a savory spoonful of heaven PLUS it’s so simple to make! (and if you have a little bit of time make these Olive Garden Breadsticks to serve with this soup!).
What is Mafalda Pasta?
Mafalda pasta is kinda like lasagna noodles, just thinner. It still has the curly ridges on the edges. If you don’t access to Mafalda pasta you can certainly substitute other varieties of pasta.
Really you can use whatever pasta you have on hand. It’s just the curly pasta looks a bit more like traditional lasagna!
How to make Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Cook the pasta to al dente, drain well, set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a large stock pot and drain well.
- Return the meat to the pot.
- Add all of the ingredients except the pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Here are few more of my favorite hearty soup recipes!
- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Crock Pot Beef and Noodle Soup
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup Recipe
- Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
In case you didn’t know this…. Lasagna is quite the “thing” on my blog! Here are a few recipes you’ll want to try next!
I’m telling you, there’s something for everyone!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS LASAGNA SOUP RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!! ?Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy meal!!!
Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 14.5 oz cans Hunts Garlic Roasted diced tomatoes. undrained
- 1 jar 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 2 c. beef broth
- 1 c. water
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 c. mafalda pasta cook to al dente
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown and drain the grease off the hamburger in a large stock pot. Return to the pot.
- Add tomatoes, pasta sauce, broth, water and Italian seasoning to the hamburger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve with mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top.