A classic Gin Fizz is an easy, light cocktail that is fresh, light, and timeless. The star ingredients of this easy cocktail recipe are gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, an egg white, and club soda. They combine to make a refreshing cocktail with an egg white foam top to sip on. Don’t forget the lemon twist garnish!
It’s drink time again and today I have an easy, delicious cocktail that has been classic for years – a gin fizz!
It sounds just like its name – light, refreshing, and it’s made with gin. The combination of flavors in this drink is perfect for sipping.
You Will Love This Easy Cocktail
- It’s made with six simple ingredients.
- It’s a great small batch drink – you can make a couple of drinks in no time at all.
- It’s fizzy, lemony, with that bright bite from the gin. The perfect cocktail after your workday ends!
- Gin – this is the star of the drink so pick your favorite brand.
- Lemon juice – use fresh-squeezed for the best flavor!
- Simple syrup – you can make your own simple syrup or buy it premade at the store.
- Egg white – this gives the drink a creamier texture and the pretty foam on top, but it is optional if you’re worried about raw egg whites. If you leave it out, your drink will be thinner and there won’t be any foam.
- Club soda – this adds the fizz!
- Lemon twist garnish – use a vegetable peeler or paring knife to cut some peel off the lemon and twist it to garnish your drink.
How to Make It
Pour the gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and egg white into the cocktail shaker.
Secure the lid and then shake the drink vigorously for at least 15 seconds. The shaking will mix the drink but also froth the egg white so it’s nice and foamy.
Take the lid off and add ice to the shaker and then shake again until the shaker is cold, about 30 seconds or so.
Pour the drink into a glass and then top the drink off with some soda water. The egg white foam will form on top.
Garnish the gin fizz with the lemon twist before serving.
There is always a risk when you use raw egg whites in recipes. If you are uncomfortable, you can omit the egg white or look for pasteurized eggs at the grocery store. The drink won’t have the same consistency or the foam if it is omitted, but it will still be good.
A sloe gin fizz is the same kind of drink except it’s made with sloe gin which is red in color (regular gin is clear). It’s made with a type of berry which gives it the color and different flavor.
They are almost the same except a Tom Collins is served over ice and doesn’t have the egg white.
Is it happy hour yet? When it is you should definitely make yourself a gin fizz cocktail. It’s so refreshing and light. I hope you love it!
More Cocktail Ideas
- A Strawberry Mojito is a fruity twist on a classic Mojito! This is a fizzy and refreshing drink made with rum, club soda, and mint.
- Moscow Mules are delicious any time of year. The combination of ginger beer, vodka, and lime juice is so good!
- It doesn’t get easier than a two ingredient cocktail! A Black Russian is a great one to try.
- If you like whiskey there’s nothing more classic than using it to make an Old Fashioned!
- Fruity cocktail that’s quick and easy to make! A Malibu Sunset cocktail is a delicious blend of pineapple and orange juice plus coconut rum and grenadine that’s layered to look like a sunset!
- A Gin and Tonic is a quick and easy drink that’s so refreshing!
- These are the BEST Alcoholic Summer Drinks!
Love this recipe? Be sure and comment below and leave a 5-star rating! I know you’ll love this delicious recipe as much as we do!
And if you’re like me and snap photos, be sure to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your amazing drink!!!
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1 egg white about 1/2 ounce, optional (please use for video 🙂 )
- Club soda to top (about 2 oz)
- Garnish with lemon twist
- Combine the gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Fill the shaker with ice and then shake for an additional 30 seconds or until cold.
- Strain the cocktail mixture into a glass and top with soda water. The egg white foam will form on top.
- Garnish with lemon twist and serve immediately.