Cheesy Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Quick and easy Cheesy Chicken Stuffing Casserole is always a hit for a family dinner. Tender, juicy chicken breasts that are topped with Mozzarella cheese and stuffing mix. Make this easy dinner recipe tonight!
Here’s a fun fact: I love stuffing! Especially my delicious Crock Pot Stuffing that’s been handed down from my Aunt. I’m kind of high maintenance when it comes to stuffing, but not in the way you think. I don’t like complicated stuffing recipes with all kinds of different flavors. Nope. Traditional homemade stuffing for me all the way!
But let’s face it. We aren’t about to make a turkey and stuffing dinner every time we are craving a little stuffing. It’s just not realistic, right?
So because I just can’t wait for a holiday to indulge my stuffing cravings, I came up with this cheesy chicken stuffing casserole to get me through the rest of the year!
This delicious stuffing casserole recipe is one of my favorite chicken recipes because it’s perfect when you are craving stuffing and comfort food but are pushed for time. For example, every night of my life!
Why This Recipe Works
- You only need six ingredients to make it and we’re using a stuffing mix to make it really easy. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner!
- There are no pre-cooking steps – everything is assembled in a baking dish and then you just pop it in the oven! It only takes 15 minutes to make and then the rest of the time is for baking.
- It reminds me of a holiday meal, but so much easier to make. Plus, it’s cheesy, and what’s not to love about that?
This chicken stuffing casserole is the best comfort food dinner ever with cozy, delicious flavors! My family loves when I make it. Yours will, too!
- Canned cream of chicken soup – or try cream of mushroom soup to change the flavor!
- Milk – 2% works great or for a richer sauce use whole milk.
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Dry stuffing mix – you only need the mix, no need to prepare it first!
- Butter – This will be need to be melted, we used salted butter, but if you’d like to cut back on sodium use unsalted. Either will work.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – You can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a square baking dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
Combine the soup and milk in a medium bowl.
Place the chicken breasts in the prepared casserole dish. Pour the soup mixture over the top. Layer the cheese slices on the top and then sprinkle the stuffing over the cheese. Pour the melted butter over the stuffing mix.
Bake the casserole for one hour or until the chicken is cooked through (165°F) and the stuffing is golden brown.
Side Dish Ideas!
This creamy chicken casserole is a hearty and filling main dish so I like to pair it with a lighter side dish. Here are some ideas.
- Air Fryer Broccoli or Asparagus are super easy vegetable side dishes!
- For something a little fancier, try my Bacon Wrapped Green Beans.
- Roasted Cauliflower or Glazed Carrots are also great veggies to serve with it.
Meat: Instead of chicken breasts try using chicken thighs. Or do a combination of both to mix it up.
Stuffing Mix: There are several brands to choose from, so try your favorite! Be sure to buy stuffing mix that includes all the seasonings.
Soup: Cream of chicken, cream of mushroom soup, or cream of celery soup all work well!
Cheese: Any good melting cheese will work in this dish! Instead of sliced mozzarella, try cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, Gruyere, or Provolone.
If you’re on team stuffing with me, you have to try this cheesy chicken stuffing casserole! It’s the best way to satisfy a comfort food craving with hardly any work. I know you will love it!
More Hearty Dinner Recipes
- Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole is another comforting dinner I love to make.
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki is a great dinner you can make in the slow cooker! Pair it with rice for a dinner the whole family will love.
- Taco Pie is made with a crust of crescent rolls then piled high with seasoned taco meat, sour cream, cheese and Nacho Cheese Chips. It’s a great way to change up taco night!
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is a quick and easy dinner with rotisserie chicken, veggies, creamy gravy, and flaky crescent roll crust.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Cheesy Chicken Stuffing Casserole
- 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 8 oz package Mozzarella cheese slices
- 2 cups dry stuffing mix
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a square baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together milk and cream of chicken soup.
- Place chicken breasts in prepared glass baking dish. Pour chicken soup mixture over chicken breasts. Layer cheese on top and then sprinkle stuffing over the cheese. Pour butter over the stuffing mix.
- Bake for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and stuffing is golden brown.
Leave a Comment