This classic recipe for an Amaretto Sour is quick and easy, only taking 5 minutes to make. Make sure to whip up a batch of my simple syrup so you have it when you want a cocktail like this! It’s so easy to make and it will soon be your “go-to” cocktail recipe.
It’s a refreshing cocktail that’s sweet and made with almond-flavored liqueur that’s mixed with lemon juice and lemon-lime soda.
Amaretto is an Italian liqueur and when you mix it with citrus and simple syrup you get the signature sweet and sour flavor the drink is famous for.
I love them year-round, but this easy cocktail is especially nice during the summer because it’s so refreshing.
This version of the recipe for an amaretto sour has no egg, but the traditional cocktail does have an egg white.
Why this is the Best Amaretto Sour Cocktail!
- It’s easy to sip on, perfect for hot summer days and so smooth so always a hit at a party!
- We have directions on how to mix a large batch or individual cocktails, so we’ve got you covered no matter what.
- It only requires three ingredients plus your optional garnishes. Learn how to make the simple syrup or if you want you can also purchase that!
Amaretto Sour Ingredients
- Amaretto liqueur – We recommend either Disaronno or Hiram Walker
- Simple syrup – Make your own or buy it at the liquor store.
- Fresh lemon juice – Grab some lemons and squeeze it for the best result!
- Lemon-lime soda – Either 7 Up or Sprite
- Orange slice and maraschino cherries for garnish – Totally optional, but it’s always more fun to drink when it’s pretty!
How to Make Amaretto Sour Cocktail
- Mix Ingredients – Pour the amaretto, simple syrup, and lemon juice into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake – Secure the lid and then give it a few shakes to combine all of the ingredients.
- Serve – Pour the drink into a glass filled with ice. Top the drink with some lemon-lime soda. Drop a couple of maraschino cherries in the drink and garnish the rim with an orange slice.
Large Batch Instructions
You can also make a bigger batch for a party. Just combine the amaretto, lemon juice and simple syrup in a pitcher. Then your guests can pour a glass, add the lemon-lime soda themselves so it’s nice and fizzy, and garnish their drinks.
What If I Don’t Have A Cocktail Shaker?
Grab a mason jar and shake it in the jar instead!
- Amaretto Slushie – That’s right! Cool down with an easy slushie version. Just add about 2 1/2 cups of ice along with the rest of the ingredients to a blender and pulse it do desired consistency.
- Amaretto Stone Sour – Add about 1 1/2 ounces or 3 Tablespoons of orange juice to this drink.
- Mocktail – Turn it into an non-alcoholic drink by using amaretto syrup instead of amaretto.
This cold and refreshing cocktail is definitely one of my favorites. It’s sweet, but not too sweet, and I love the combination of the almond flavor from the liqueur with the lemon.
It’s a drink that is great for serving at parties because people love it! Or, you can just shake one up for yourself for an easy after-work happy hour cocktail.
Matching the Amaretto Sour with Food!
Now that you have a new favorite cocktail for lazy summer nights or parties with friends, I bet you are wondering what to serve with it! We recommend serving it with salty bar snacks like our favorite Ranch Pretzels or Taco Oyster Crackers. Another great idea is mildly sweet desserts like Tiramisu.
More Easy Cocktail Recipes
- Beat the heat with a Strawberry Lemonade Margarita. Make a pitcher and invite a few friends over to enjoy it with.
- Famous in Italy, Aperol Spritz is not only delicious but the vibrant orange color is pretty too! It’s great for an after-work cocktail with friends with only three ingredients!
- With options for an individual cocktail or large batch a refreshing Mojito has the perfect blend of sweetness, citrus and mint that compliments the rum in the cocktail.
- Another great summer cocktail that’s easy to sip on is an Alabama Slammer! A mix of Amaretto, Southern Comfort, Slow Gin and Orange Juice shaken in a cocktail shaker.
MORE RECIPES TO TRY!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
- 1½ ounces Amaretto liqueur
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
- Lemon Lime Soda
- 1 orange slice
- 1-2 maraschino cherries
- Pour the Amaretto, simple syrup, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain
- into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with Lemon Lime Soda.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.
Leave a Comment