Did you know you can make perfect, easy to peel hard boiled eggs in your air fryer? These Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs are great for egg salad sandwiches, deviled eggs, dying Easter Eggs, easy healthy snacks or topping salads!
Easy, perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs in the air fryer! Yes, this is just another great way to use your air fryer and you are going to love it!
We eat lots of hard-boiled eggs at our house – we enjoy them as snacks, and I add them to all kinds of salads, sandwiches, and of course, deviled eggs! If you have an air fryer, it’s a great way to cook them.
Easy Air Fryer Eggs
- This is a quick 15-minute method for perfect eggs. It’s really simple!
- I’m sharing how long to cook them depending on how soft you like the yolk.
- Keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week!
Four Easy Steps
Preheat the air fryer to 250°F.
Place the eggs in the basket and cook them for 13 to 17 minutes depending on how firm you want the yolk.
As soon as they are done, transfer them to a bowl with water and ice. This will stop the cooking process so they don’t overcook.
Once they are cooled, you can peel and use them right away or leave the shells on and keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
How Long to Cook Eggs in an Air Fryer
Depending on how you like your yolk, it’s really easy to perfectly cook them to your liking!
At 250°F it will take 13 minutes to cook soft boiled eggs. Every minute you add will further cook the yolk.
For classic hard boiled eggs, cook them for 17 minutes.
Every air fryer is different so the cooking time may vary depending on your model. If this is your first time trying this, I recommend only cooking a couple of eggs to start!
Don’t overcrowd them – in order to work properly, the air needs to be able to circulate to cook them evenly. How many you cook at at time will depend on the size of your air fryer.
The fastest way is either on the stove or in the air fryer.
They are done when the whites are completely set. In the air fryer this will take at least 13 minutes. If you like a firmer yolk you can cook them for up to 17 minutes.
Yes, you can. If they are overcooked they will have yolks that are rimmed with green and are very chalky and dry. They are still edible when overcooked but the yolks aren’t as creamy.
An ice bath is just a bowl of water with ice. It’s used to stop the cooking process for many foods like vegetables and eggs. When you place the hot eggs in the bath the cold water “shocks” them, halting the cooking process. This prevents over cooking.
I always love sharing new ways to use your air fryer and these air fry eggs are one of my favorites! It’s such the best way to make them without having to turn on the stove – it’s so quick and easy. Enjoy!
More Great Ways to Use Your Air Fryer
- Use it to make crispy, delicious Bacon for your next breakfast or brunch.
- I love to make Sweet Potato Chips in my air fryer – it’s a great crunchy snack that easy to make.
- Skip the stove and use it to make a classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
If you try this recipe be sure to let me know in the comments and leave your five-star rating!
Snap a pic so I get to see it and tag me @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats!
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to serve, optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 250 degrees F.
- Gently place the eggs in the air fryer basket. For soft boiled eggs cook for 13 minutes and for hard boiled eggs cook for 17 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the air fryer basket. Gently place into an ice bath. Remove eggs when they are cold and gently peel.