Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing is a delicious comforting dinner for busy nights! Layers of chicken breasts topped with a creamy soup mixture, cheese and stuffing! This is the ultimate comfort food that your entire family will love. Pair it with roasted vegetables or steamed vegetables and you have an entire meal.
This Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing is one of my favorite dinners to make when it’s cold out because it’s easy but it’s so hearty and comforting and warms everyone up on a cold Minnesota night. It’s so hands-off there’s plenty of time to make an easy vegetable side dish like Roasted Cauliflower or Smashed Potatoes to go with it so you have a complete meal.
Cheesy chicken, savory stuffing and a creamy sauce – how does that sound for a comforting cold-weather dinner? I usually keep the ingredients on hand for this Chicken and Stuffing because it’s a great recipe to pull out when you get caught not knowing what to make for dinner!
Plus, you get the added bonus of your house smelling ah-mazing. Like Thanksgiving except better because this Crock Pot Chicken is way easier to make than Thanksgiving dinner!
Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing is all about the short-cuts! There’s no chopping required and no fussy steps – just a super easy comfort food dinner you can prep in about 15 minutes!
What do I need to make Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream of celery soup
- Box of cornbread stuffing mix
- Low sodium chicken broth
How do I make Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing?
Step by Step photos above!
- Grease your Crock Pot and place the chicken in it. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the chicken. (Photo 1)
- Combine the two soups together in a bowl and pour the mixture over the chicken. (Photo 2)
- Place the stuffing mix on top of the soup. If your mix has a herb packet just sprinkle the herb mixture over the top of the stuffing. (Photo 3)
- Combine the stock and butter and pour it evenly over the stuffing mix. (Photo 4)
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
What goes with Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing?
Serve Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing with Baked Potatoes or Loaded Hasselback Potatoes. It’s so delicious with Mashed Potatoes, too! Or, try it with a side of my Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables or my simple Creamed Peas!
More easy Crock Pot Dinner recipes!
Love this easy meal? Here are a few more family favorite dinners made in a Crock Pot!
- Ranch Crock Pot Roast with Potatoes – Slow cooked roast with potatoes in a ranch gravy!
- Crock Pot Spaghetti – Tender spaghetti noodles, spicy Italian sausage in a creamy spaghetti sauce made with cream cheese in your slow cooker!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole – Easy Slow Cooker Twist on a Classic Tater Tot Casserole with no cream of soups!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND STUFFING RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
I’d love it you would rate this recipe!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 c. Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 10.75 oz Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 10.75 oz Can Cream of Celery Soup
- 6 oz Box of Cornbread Stuffing Mix
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- First grease the crock-pot and then put the chicken on the bottom.
- Put cheese on top of the chicken.
- Mix soups together in bowl and then pour them over the chicken and cheese.
- Put stuffing on top of soup (note: if herb packet is not mixed with stuffing mixture, top stuffing with herb packet).
- Mix together the broth and melted butter and pour evenly over stuffing in crock pot.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4-6 hours.
Updated with new photos and text 10/8/19