These easy English Muffin Pizzas make the perfect lunch, snack or dinner! They start with toasted English muffins then are topped with pizza sauce, cheese and mini pepperonis. So easy to make and tasty!
Lunch time can get so monotonous. Having the same food over and over again can have your burnt out really quickly. That’s why I love to create fun and unique lunch options that are still really easy! These english muffin pizza are a lunch staple around here.
I can throw these mini pizzas together super quickly have lunch ready in no time. My kids love eating them for school lunches, but it’s also a great option for an easy lunch during summer break. Sometimes I’ll even make them for dinner too!
Why You’ll Love English Muffin Pizzas
- They only take about 15 minutes total to make! Such a great meal to make when you’re crunched on time, or when you need to quickly pack a school lunch on a busy morning.
- This easy recipe satisfies the craving for pizza without all the extra money or delivery fees and service charges. Save money and eat pizza, a win win!
- They are a great shareable treat. You can not only serve these for lunch or dinner, but as a snack or appetizer too!
Ingredients for this English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- English muffins – You can either buy english muffins at the grocery store or make your own homemade english muffins.
- Mozzarella cheese – For the most cheesy results, shred your own mozzarella!
- Pizza sauce – Grab a can of pizza sauce at the store, or whip up your own. Use something that is seasoned well for best results.
- Mini pepperoni – If you can’t find mini pepperonis, you can use full size ones.
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, then line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set it aside.
Toast the English muffins in a toaster or toaster oven. This helps prevent them from becoming soggy when baked. If you don’t have a toaster, you can bake them on the sheet pan for a few minutes.
Place the muffins with cut side up onto the prepared baking sheet.
Using a spoon, spread pizza sauce in an even layer on top of each of the muffin halves. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and place mini pepperonis on top.
Bake the englihs muffin pizzas in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
Allow to cool slightly, then serve!
What to Serve with English Muffin Pizzas
You can serve pretty much anything with english muffin pizzas! If you’re looking to keep a lunch kid friendly, some fruit salad, an orange smoothie, or french fries would be a hit. You can serve up a fun dessert of apple nachos too!
How to Store English Muffin Pizzas
FRIDGE: Place leftovers into an airtight container or Ziploc bag and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, place in the microwave or oven until warmed through.
FREEZER: These actually are freezer friendly! Just build the pizza and don’t bake them. Wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to a month. When ready to eat, just unwrap and bake as instructed. You can freeze leftovers the same way!
Can I use different pizza toppings?
Since these are essentially just mini pizzas, you can absolutely use different toppings. Be careful not to overload each muffin halve since they are small. You could use toppings like bacon, sausage crumbles, bell peppers, or diced mushrooms on these little pizzas!
- Don’t skip toasting the english muffins before baking them! It really does keep the muffin from getting soggy and chewy.
- Be sure you don’t overload your english muffin with too much pizza sauce. A light layer is all that you need.
- Help your english muffin pizzas cool down more quickly by cutting them in half after baking. A great trick if you need them to be cool enough for kids to eat!
These little english muffin pizzas have come in handy more times than I can count. Make them whenever you need a tasty meal or snack in just a few minutes time.
More Pizza Recipes You’ll Love
- Pizza Pinwheels are another favorite mini pizza meal. They’re super easy and oh so tasty!
- Make your favorite frozen snack better by making Air Fryer Pizza Rolls. Perfectly crispy and delicious!
- If your kids don’t like pasta night, then make this One Pot Pizza Pasta. I bet they’ll gobble it up faster than you can even get it on the table!
- Pizza doesn’t have to to have tomato sauce and pepperonis. This Fruit Pizza is a fun way to serve up fruit during the summer time.
- 6 Whole Wheat English muffins split
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces mini pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Toast the English muffins in a toaster to prevent the middle from being soggy when you bake them. You can also bake them on the sheet pan for a few minutes in the preheated oven.
- Arrange the toasted English muffin halves cut-side up on the prepared baking sheet.
- Then spread pizza sauce evenly on top of each one. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with mini pepperoni slices.
- Place sheet pan in the preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned on the edges.