Mexican Lasagna ~ Noodles piled high with zesty taco meat and cheese! Put a kick in your lasagna!
Mexican Lasagna say what? I know, I know this is not your Momma’s Lasagna that’s for sure. But hey I was in for something different and fun and figured this was to out there.
Good thing I tried because I loved it. Like as in adore, love, want to stick my face in the pan kind of love. I refrained. Since I refrained that left the hubs and I with a ton of leftovers because it was the one night my little brother didn’t stop by for supper. This resulted in me texting him, packing up a plate to go and handing it off to him as he zoomed in and out of our house. That’s service.
Someone also told me this resulted in said little bro spilling lasagna on the corner of an offer little bro was writing up for a customer on a house. Impressive. Oh well at least he got fed!
If you are looking for a terrific Valentine’s Day meal to serve to your family this is excellent. Pair it up with some bread sticks, throw in a salad and you are ready to go!
Now don’t mind me as I sit here and wish that I had brought leftover lasagna to work today instead of my current lunch….
Oh and we have a super fun, awesome, fantastic giveaway going on again today on the blog! You could win one of these fun KICmount cases for your iPad. I love mine. It’s the best thing ever for in the kitchen. I just stick it on the side of my fridge and go to town baking and cooking. I personally don’t have room to leave the iPad on my very small counter area while I get my bake on. I need all the room I can for this! They work anywhere that has a magnetic surface so if your guy is in the garage he can just hang it on a tool box or wherever he wants!
The KICMount case is plastic and you just pop your iPad into the case and the magnets on the back are super duper strong and it will hold that baby anywhere that’s magnetized.
PS If you don’t win the giveaway you can head on over to the KICmount website and buy one for only $35!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking| High Heels & Grills
*I was provided a KICmount stand free of charge to review for this post. All opinions are 100% my own. and I wouldn’t review it and give one away if I didn’t think they were the bomb diggity dog! Giveaway open to U.S. residents only. KICMount is responsible for shipping prize. Julie’s Eats & Treats is not responsible or liable for giveaway. Contest runs through Wednesday, February 13th. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.*
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked to al dente
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 container ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 c. shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13x9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain off grease. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Continue to simmer until water is absorbed. Add pasta sauce and stir until mixed.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs. Stir in ricotta cheese, cumin and 2 c. of Mexican cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce in 13x9 dish. Top with 3 of your lasagna noodles laying side by side. Top noodles with a 1/3 of ricotta mixture, spread over noodles. Top ricotta mixture with a 1/3 of the sauce mixture and then sprinkle with a 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat two more times.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes. Let sand and cool for 15 minutes before serving.
by Julie Evink