Biscuits and Gravy Overnight Breakfast Casserole ~ Comforting, Hearty Breakfast Casserole That is Prepared the Night Before and Baked in the Morning! Biscuits Loaded with Gravy, Sausage, Eggs and Cheese!
Hey Everyone! It’s Rachel over here at Some Oven Lovin‘. Today I’m sharing a family favorite recipe in our house and it will be a winner in your house too! We couldn’t get enough of this delicious egg bake! Some other favorites are Ham & Cheese Overnight Breakfast Lasagna, Sausage & Cheese Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole, Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole and Crock Pot Tater Tot Egg Bake.
Let me tell you.. I love my egg bakes. Always have, always will. But… this one?! This one tops the charts. It combines all things delicious about an egg bake but then add the gravy in and voila! It’s happiness all around.
And.. quite possibly the best part is that you can make this up the day before. You know that feeling when you wake up in the morning and you remember that you made egg casserole the day before and it’s just waiting to be put in the oven. Those are the best days. And, your best day awaits, my friend!
What are you waiting for?! If you’re like me and always have some Grands biscuits on hand, you most likely have the rest of the ingredients too. Go mix this up! Your family will thank you tomorrow. This I am positive about.
Ingredients Needed for Biscuits and Gravy Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Grand’s biscuits
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Milk (divided)
- Pepper (divided)
- Salt (divided)
- Cayenne pepper
Tools Needed to Make Biscuits and Gravy Overnight Breakfast Casserole
Biscuits and Gravy Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- 16 oz. can of Grand's biscuits
- 8 eggs
- 1 pound of sausage
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 T. butter
- 5 T. flour
- 2 1/4 c. milk divided
- 1 t. pepper divided
- 1 t. salt divided
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper
- Grease 9x13 pan
- Brown the sausage in a skillet and drain
- Cut biscuits into 1" pieces and line bottom of the greased pan
- Layer sausage over biscuit pieces
- Layer shredded cheddar cheese over sausage
- Whisk together eggs, 3/4 c. milk, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t. pepper and dash of cayenne pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the biscuits. Cover with tin foil and place in your refrigerator until morning.
- Next, mix up the gravy.
- Melt 5 T. of butter in saucepan. Once melted, whisk in 5 T. flour until paste-like. Add in 1/2 t. salt and 1/2 t. pepper
- With heat on low, gradually whisk in 1 1/2 c. of milk and stir constantly until mixture becomes thick and gravy-like. Once your gravy is done, set aside to cool. Place gravy in the refrigerator until morning.
- Morning - preheat oven to 350
- Pour gravy mixture over egg casserole and place in oven covered for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10-15 more minutes until eggs are thoroughly baked and cheese starts to turn golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Enjoy! Left-overs are just as amazing!
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
Connect with Rachel here!