Biscuits and Gravy Overnight Breakfast Casserole ~ Comforting, Hearty Breakfast Casserole That is Prepared the Night Before and Baked in the Morning! Biscuits Loaded with Gravy, Sausage, Eggs and Cheese!
Hey Everyone! It’s Rachel over here at Some Oven Lovin’. Today I’m sharing a family favorite recipe in our house and it will be a winner in your house too! We couldn’t get enough of this delicious egg bake! Some other favorites are Ham & Cheese Overnight Breakfast Lasagna, Sausage & Cheese Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole, Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole and Crock Pot Tater Tot Egg Bake.
Let me tell you.. I love my egg bakes. Always have, always will. But… this one?! This one tops the charts. It combines all things delicious about an egg bake but then add the gravy in and voila! It’s happiness all around.
And.. quite possibly the best part is that you can make this up the day before. You know that feeling when you wake up in the morning and you remember that you made egg casserole the day before and it’s just waiting to be put in the oven. Those are the best days. And, your best day awaits, my friend!
What are you waiting for?! If you’re like me and always have some Grands biscuits on hand, you most likely have the rest of the ingredients too. Go mix this up! Your family will thank you tomorrow. This I am positive about.
Ingredients Needed for Biscuits and Gravy Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Grand’s biscuits
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Milk (divided)
- Pepper (divided)
- Salt (divided)
- Cayenne pepper
Tools Needed to Make Biscuits and Gravy Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- 16 ounce can Grand's biscuits
- 8 eggs
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 2 ¼ cup milk divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grease 9x13 inch pan with non stick spray, set aside.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and line bottom of the greased pan.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet and drain off any grease. Then layer over the biscuits in the pan.
- Next, layer shredded cheddar cheese over sausage in the pan.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs and ¾ c. milk until combined. Pour egg mixture over the biscuits. Cover and place in the refrigerator until the morning.
- Next, mix up the gravy. In a saucepan melt 5 Tablespoons butter. Then whisk in 5 Tablespoons flour until paste-like. Add salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- With heat on medium high, gradually whisk in 1 1/2 c. of milk and stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 2-3 minutes until thickened. Once your gravy is done, set aside to cool. Place gravy in the refrigerator until morning.
- In the morning preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator and let come to room temperature while oven preheats.
- Warm gravy in microwave 1-2 minutes or until the consistency is "pourable". Pour gravy mixture over egg casserole. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place covered casserole in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 35 minutes. Remove aluminum foil, place back in oven and bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until casserole is set in the middle, cheese is melted and it is golden brown on edges.
- Serve immediately.
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
Connect with Rachel here!