Perfectly Crispy Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties are the perfect breakfast side dish. These frozen hash brown patties are perfectly cooked in the air fryer so they are golden brown and crispy. My mouth is watering already!
You only need two ingredients and an air fryer to make these incredibly easy and super crispy air fryer hash brown patties. You know how those fast-food restaurants have those perfectly crispy hash brown patties at breakfast?
Well, those are my weakness! But, those are also typically serve in a pool of grease and my daily calories aren’t happy about that.
So, I figured out how to make them just as delicious without being fried in oil. Air fryers really are a game changer! You can make so many foods crispy and full of flavor, just like they would taste in a deep fryer.
I love making these hash browns to serve alongside tons of different breakfast items. But, they’re especially handy on mornings when I need breakfast on the go. I’ll heat up ham and cheese egg muffins or bacon egg muffins, fry up some hash brown patties in the air fryer, and I’m out the door. So yummy, and it saves me from spending money at the drive-thru!
And if I have time, I’ll even make a caramel macchiato at home. Then I skip all the drive-thru’s! You’re going to love how simple and easy it is to make frozen hash browns in an air fryer.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Hash Browns
- It only takes about 12 minutes to make hot and crispy hash brown patties in the air fryer.
- There are so many different uses for air fryer hash browns! You can put them on breakfast sandwiches, eat with scrambled eggs, or serve as a side to any breakfast you want.
- Making hash browns in the air fryer is an affordable breakfast option and a great way to save money.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- Frozen hash brown patties – Purchase the name brand patties or store brand! Either will work great. You can find hash brown patties on the aisles of frozen food at your local grocery store.
- Salt and pepper – Sprinkling each patty with some salt and pepper helps to add some flavor and make these hash browns extra tasty.
How to Make Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- Place the frozen hash brown patties in air fryer in one layer. Be sure the patties aren’t overlapping or they can end up cooking unevenly.
- Air fry the patties at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes. Then, flip the hash browns over with tongs or a spatula and cook for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until they are as crispy as you want.
- Season with salt and pepper to add some extra flavor. Then, serve immediately!
What to serve with air fryer hash brown patties
You can also make an easy one pan breakfast like this crescent roll breakfast casserole, and serve your hash browns with it. Super quick and easy clean-up!
Do I have to thaw the hash browns before putting them in the air fryer?
Nope! Place the hash brown patties into the air fryer and cook from frozen. They will cook perfectly. That’s what makes this recipe so convenient and simple.
Can I cook shredded hash browns in the air fryer?
This recipe uses frozen hash brown patties, but it is possible to make shredded hash browns in the air fryer. Allow the shredded hash browns to thaw from frozen, then smush them together to form patty shapes.
Add oil to both sides of the makeshift patties, then air fry the same amount of time as the frozen patties. They may need some extra time to crisp up, so just keep an eye on them!
- Add any seasonings you want to flavor these crunchy hash brown patties, or just serve ’em up plain.
- Serve patties with ketchup or hot sauce for best results!
- Every air fryer is a little different. Use this recipe as your guide but keep an eye on the patties as they cook. Feel free to increase or decrease the cook time as needed.
You’re going to love this simple and easy breakfast item to throw together on a busy morning!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- These Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Donut Holes are next level delicious! Who needs a donut shop when you can make these right in the comfort of your own home?
- Need some more breakfast ideas for the air fryer? I’ve never seen anyone turn down these super easy Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket.
- Did you know that you can make french fries that are just as delicious as a restaurant, without a deep fryer? Check out these amazing Air Fryer French Fries to serve with your burgers!
- You can never have too many ways to cook potatoes, and these Air Fryer Tater Tots are one of my favorites.
- 4 Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- Salt & Pepper to taste, optional
- Place the frozen hash brown patties in the Air Fryer basket or tray in an even layer making sure they aren’t overlapping.
- Air fry at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes, flip hash browns over and cook for an additional 2-5 minutes or until crisped to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.