Craving the taste of pizza but want something a little heartier? Dive into this mouthwatering pizza casserole! With savory ground hamburger, al dente spiral noodles, and layers of melty cheese and pepperoni, it’s a cheesy, flavorful. Perfect for a family dinner on a weeknight.
Oh how I love pizza! The gooey cheesy, the flavorful marinara sauce, the irresistible pepperonis…it’s all just so good. Turning my favorite pepperoni pizza into a casserole has been one of the best creations ever!
This cheesy pepperoni pizza casserole is a family favorite recipe. Loaded to the brim with delicious pizza ingredients, this casserole is absolutely to die for. When I make this for dinner, I always pair it with some flavorful air fryer garlic bread or squishy breadsticks.
This easy casserole is perfect for a busy weeknight and especially hearty on a chilly evening. It makes so much too! Everyone always has their fill and then I still have leftovers for the next day or two. Such a great meal that the whole family loves!
Why You’ll Love Pizza Casserole
- This yummy recipe is a great way to get picky eaters to eat their dinner without a fuss! Pepperoni pizza seems to be universally accepted by picky eaters, so shifting it to casserole form is perfect!
- It will only take you 10 minutes to prep this dish, and it only takes 40 minutes total for it to be ready to go on the dinner table.
- Plus, it is packed full of protein with ground beef, pepperonis and cheese all providing a different source of protein.
Ingredients for the Best Pizza Casserole
- Ground beef – Use lean ground beef and drain off excess fat for best results. You’ll season this beef with Italian seasoning to help incorporate it into the flavors of pizza casserole.
- Pepperoni – Grab your favorite pepperonis from the grocery store. If you’re counting calories, you can use turkey pepperonis!
- Italian seasoning – A little dash of Italian seasoning helps season this dish really well.
- Pizza sauce – Be sure you buy two 14 oz cans of pizza sauce, or one large can. You’ll need plenty to make this casserole extra saucy and flavorful.
- Uncooked spiral noodles – Don’t have spiral noodles on hand? No worries, any small type of noodle will work.
- Shredded parmesan cheese – A little bit of parmesan adds a slight cheesy tang to this dish!
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – Shred your own mozzarella for the best and most cheesy results.
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set the dish aside for later.
Prepare the uncooked noodles according to instructions of the package.
While the noodles cook, brown the hamburger meat in a large skillet. Once there is no pink left, drain off the grease. Then, mix in the Italian seasoning and pizza sauce and stir until well combined.
Add the cooked noodles to the meat mixture and mix together.
Layer half of the pasta and meat mixture into the previously prepared casserole dish. Then, add a layer of pepperoni slice and one cup of shredded mozzarella.
Repeat the layers and finish with the last layer being Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven until bubbly and warmed through. Serve immediately!
What to Serve with Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
How to Store Leftover Pizza Casserole
FRIDGE: Transfer leftovers to an airtight container or wrap the casserole dish tightly in plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
FREEZER: To freeze casserole, leave it unbaked and cover tightly in plastic wrap or foil. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen and add 10-15 minutes onto your baking time.
What can I add to pizza casserole?
You can add other pizza toppings to pizza casserole! Bacon would be super tasty in this dish, just make sure it’s fully cooked before adding it in. You can also use diced ham for extra protein.
Veggies like sliced olives, diced green onions, and even mushrooms would be tasty in pizza pasta bake too!
- Give the top layer a little more golden color by turning on the broiler for a minute right before you pull the casserole out of the oven.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley after you bake this casserole for extra flavor and a nice garnish.
- Prepare noodles to al dente so that they don’t overcook when in the oven.
This easy dinner recipe is so simple and full of tasty flavor! Pizza and pasta all-in-one, doesn’t get much better than that!
More Pizza Recipes You’ll Love
- Friday pizza night is way more fun when you make your own Homemade Pizza!
- These Pizza Pinwheels are so easy and are a favorite lunch to make for my family.
- English Muffin Pizzas are so cute, so simple, and great for snack time or lunch.
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders are a great party appetizer!
- 1 pound ground hamburger
- 4 cups uncooked spiral noodles
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cans pizza sauce 14 oz each
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- 6 ounces pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 inch glass dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Prepare spiral noodles according to package direction
- Over medium heat brown hamburger in skillet. Drain grease off. Mix in sauce and Italian seasoning and stir until combined. Then add cooked spiral noodles and mix together.
- Layer half of the pasta mixture into a prepared casserole dish then layer with half of pepperoni slices and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.