A crispy bun stuffed with spicy buffalo chicken, melty cheese, and ranch dressing make these easy Buffalo Chicken Sliders the perfect party food or appetizer recipe. They are so easy to make and will disappear in seconds.
Are you a fan of buffalo wings? Then you’ve gotta try this recipe for easy buffalo chicken sliders. The most flavorful balance of tangy buffalo sauce, creamy ranch dressing, all combined with gooey cheese and served on a soft sweet Hawaiian roll. Buffalo sliders are a fabulous appetizer and even great to serve as a quick dinner.
If you’ve got some leftover shredded chicken, you can easily repurpose it in this simple recipe. Hawaiian roll sliders always seem to be a hit, no matter when I serve them! Ham and cheese sliders are a favorite to bring to potlucks, and pepperoni pizza sliders are a great meal for picky eaters. So, if you’re looking for a new slider to add to your list of favorites, these shredded buffalo chicken sliders should be next on your must-make recipes!
Why You’ll Love Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- It only takes 20 minutes to make to make these sliders. So if you’re looking for a quick recipe, this one will be your bestie!
- You can easily double or triple this recipe to make extra sliders. Just prepare extra baking sheets and keep in mind you’ll need more mixing bowls.
- Repurpose leftover chicken into this new and tasty dish. Don’t let shredded chicken go to waste in the fridge when you can use it in something so yummy!
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- Shredded chicken – Make shredded chicken our of chicken breasts in the Instant Pot or Crock Pot to use in this super easy recipe. Rotisserie chicken is a great option too.
- Cheddar cheese – For the cheesiest results, shred your own cheddar cheese. But you can buy pre-shredded and use that too!
- King’s Hawaiian rolls – The sweetness of King’s Hawaiian rolls goes well with the spicy buffalo sauce that is in the shredded chicken.
- Cream cheese – Make the chicken extra creamy by adding some cream cheese into the mix.
- Garlic powder – A little bit of garlic powder adds great flavor to the top of the rolls for shredded buffalo chicken sliders.
- Buffalo wings sauce – Just grab your favorite buffalo wing sauce to make the most perfectly spicy and tangy sliders.
- Ranch dressing – Ranch dressing is the best flavor pairing with buffalo sauce! You can make your own dressing with this ranch dressing seasoning.
- Butter – Feel free to use salted or unsalted butter, both will work.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then spray a 9×13 baking dish or baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Set it aside for later.
Add shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until combined.
Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half and then place the bottoms onto the previously prepared baking pan.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the roll bottoms, then evenly spread the shredded buffalo chicken over the top.
Add the rest of the cheese and then place the tops of the rolls on top.
Mix together melted butter and garlic powder in a small bowl and then use a pastry brush to brush the mixture over the top of the rolls.
Bake the buffalo chicken sliders in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
How to Store Leftover Buffalo Chicken Sliders
If you know ahead of time that you are going to have leftovers, store the chicken mixture separately from everything else. Just put it in an airtight container and refrigerate for 4-5 days — or freeze up to 2 months.
FRIDGE: Wrap leftover sandwiches in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place into an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days, but keep in mind the rolls will get soggy the longer they are stored.
How to Reheat Leftover Sliders
I do not recommend freezing assembled sandwiches. To reheat, place in the oven or microwave until heated through.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Serving these sliders as an appetizer? Then make some great apps to go with it! These mini twice baked potatoes and a hefty 7 layer dip would go great with them. Queso dip and hot spinach dip would be yummy too.
Can I use sliced cheese instead of shredded cheese?
Feel free to use sliced cheese on these buffalo chicken sliders instead of adding shredded cheese. You can use a variety of different cheeses too! Mild cheddar, provolone, colby jack — all would be tasty additions to these sliders.
What can I use in place of Hawaiian rolls?
While the sweetness of Hawaiian rolls adds a great flavor to buffalo chicken sliders, you can use other buns. Dinner rolls are a great slider bun, and you can grab some slider hamburger buns too.
Pro Tips for the Best Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- If you’d like more kick to your sliders, use extra spicy sauce or add a little more buffalo sauce into the mix.
- When brushing the rolls with garlic butter, make sure each one gets plenty of the sauce. Don’t let some get exta butter and others be too dry!
- Feel free to add extra things to your sliders. Some chopped bacon or diced onion would both be delicious.
This shredded buffalo chicken sliders recipe is a family favorite. I can’t wait to hear what you think about these little sandwiches that are packed with flavor!
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- If you’re not a fan of sliders, then make this yummy Buffalo Chicken Dip as a spicy appetizer!
- Looking for classic comfort food? Then make this amazing Chicken Spaghetti!
- Cajun Chicken Pasta is a slightly spicy dish with all the creamy comforts of a cheesy pasta dish.
- Make classic Chicken Alfredo on pasta night!
- 12 count pack of King's Hawaiian rolls
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup buffalo wings sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish or a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the shredded chicken in a bowl. Add the buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and cream cheese. Mix to combine.
- Cut the Hawian rolls in half. Place the layer of bottoms into the prepared baking pan, cut side up.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly across the rolls and top evenly with the chicken mixture. Top with the remaining cheese. Place the tops of the rolls on top.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter and garlic powder. Brush over the tops of the sliders.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops are slightly browned.
- Serve immediately.