Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole combines tender chicken, crispy bacon, and sautéed onions with al dente pasta. The creamy ranch sauce, made with cream cheese and Parmesan, coats every bite. Topped with melted mozzarella and green onions, this satisfying casserole is a crowd-pleasing comfort food.
This chicken bacon ranch casserole is a delicious multi-purpose dish! Make it as a quick and tasty dinner, or bring it to a potluck as a fabulous side dish. You can also make this casserole as an appetizer for whatever crowd you’re hosting. They’ll love eating alongside baked chicken wings and homemade jalapeño poppers.
Chicken bacon ranch pasta bake is loaded to the brim with all the cheesy goodness and seasoned with yummy ranch seasoning. The combo of gooey cheesy and tangy ranch goes so well in a casserole!
You’re going to love how simple and easy this recipe is. Make it for any event and you’ll hear people rave over it the whole time!
Why You’ll Love Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- It only takes 40 minutes to make this easy chicken bacon ranch bake. Easy peasy and oh so quick!
- Chicken bacon ranch pasta bake is full of protein. With diced chicken, bacon, cheese, cream cheese, and milk there is no shortage of protein in this dish.
- One casserole feeds 8 hearty servings…more if you serve small portions as an appetizer.
Ingredients for Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Diced cooked chicken – Shredded chicken will also work for this recipe! Diced chicken is just a little easier to mix up.
- Chopped bacon – I use thick cut hickory smoked bacon and it always gives the best flavor.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – Mozzarella cheese has the most creamy texture and will make this casserole gooey and melty.
- Shredded parmesan cheese – The slight tang of parmesan cheese will pair well with the tang of ranch.
- Onion – White onion and yellow onion have a more mild flavor and should be used in this recipe.
- Cream cheese – Cream cheese…my secret ingredient to the most creamy casserole recipe!
- Milk – I recommend using whole milk for the best results! But 2% milk and 1% milk will work great as well.
- Minced garlic – Freshly minced garlic gives a bold flavor that will season this casserole wonderfully.
- Penne pasta – Penne pasta is easiest to use, but an small pasta will work!
- Dry ranch seasoning mix – Use a packet from the grocery store or make your own homemade ranch seasoning!
How to Make this Chicken Bacon Ranch Recipe
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9×13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
Prepare your pasta according to instruction on the package until it’s al dente. Drain the pasta well.
Cook the bacon over medium heat in a skillet, stirring until crispy. Once cooked, remove the bacon from the pan using a slotted spoon. You’ll want to leave the bacon drippings in the pan.
Add onion to the pan with the bacon grease, and stir often while cooking. Once onions are slightly softened, add minced garlic into the pan.
Whisk in the cream cheese, milk, ranch seasoning and parmesan cheese. Whisk the mixture together until it’s smooth and creamy.
Add the ranch sauce, al dente pasta and chicken to a large bowl and stir well.
Pour the prepared ingredients into the 9×13 inch casserole dish and sprinkle the top with the cooked bacon and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes until heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly and serve!
What to Serve with Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
This bright and citrusy fruit salad would be a great dish to serve with chicken bacon ranch pasta salad too! You could also make a crunchy caesar salad.
How to Store Leftover Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Chicken bacon ranch bake is a great meal prep item! There are multiple different ways to store it.
FRIDGE: Place leftovers into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Alternatively, you can assemble the casserole and store in the fridge for a day or two and then pop into the oven when you’re ready to bake it.
FREEZER: There are a few ways you can freeze this casserole. You can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Alternatively, assemble the whole casserole and then cover tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Add a few minutes onto the baking time and bake from frozen.
Can I use shredded rotisserie chicken in this recipe?
Absolutely! Make sure there are no little bones and I recommend removing most of the skin so that the chicken will more easily mix in with the other ingredients. But using rotisserie chicken and a great way to add extra flavor to this dish!
- Garnish the top of your casserole with chopped green onion for extra flavor and a colorful presentation!
- Make this dish slightly spicy by using pepper jack cheese in place of the mozzarella cheese.
- Use gluten-free pasta and this chicken bacon ranch bake is made gluten free!
You’re going to love this easy and super cheesy casserole!
More Casserole Recipes You’ll Love
- Love Mexican food? Then you’ll love this super easy Taco Casserole that’s loaded with flavor!
- This Poppyseed Chicken Casserole is a fabulous recipe that you just have to try!
- If you love Tex Mex then you’ll love this crazy good King Ranch Casserole.
- Need to eat some more veggies? Then put them in casserole form of course! Try this Broccoli Casserole, it’s amazing.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 cups milk whole recommended
- 1 ounce dry ranch seasoning mix (1 packet)
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced green onions for garnish if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray and set it aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. When it is done cooking al dente, drain off pasta water.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring often until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan using a slotted spoon. Set aside, leaving drippings in the pan.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan, cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. During the last minute of cooking add diced garlic to the pan and cook with onion.
- Whisk the cubed cream cheese, milk, ranch seasoning mix and Parmesan cheese into the skillet. Whisk until smooth, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the ranch sauce, cooked pasta, and chicken.
- Pour into the prepared 13×9 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle evenly with the bacon and top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes and serve. Garnish with sliced green onion if desired.