With only 4 ingredients this recipe for Crock Pot Ranch Mushrooms is so easy, plus delicious. It’s the perfect party appetizer with only a few minutes of prep. Buttery, ranch flavored mushrooms that will be gone in seconds!
Everyone needs a few easy party appetizers up their sleeve, and these crock pot mushrooms are one of my favorites. I’ve been making them for years, and they never disappoint! Whenever I make them for family and friends, they beg me for the recipe.
If you need a simple and totally delicious snack, you have to give these a try! No party is complete at our house without a batch of these plus my best Chex Mix. They’re pretty much our party staples!
Why This Recipe Works
- You only need four ingredients!
- It’s a dump and stir crockpot recipe – it doesn’t get any easier than that!
- The mushrooms have the most fantastic combination of flavors from ranch seasoning and Italian seasoning.
- You can serve them right from the slow cooker with toothpicks so everyone can help themselves.
This is an easy mushroom recipe so, of course, it’s all about the mushrooms! I buy eight-ounce packages for a total of three pounds. It will serve about eight people if it’s the only appetizer. If you have other snacks it will stretch to serve more.
I usually use cremini or white mushrooms. You can also use button mushrooms for small bites – you will get a lot more mushrooms in three pounds if you use these. They’re the same ones I use for stuffed mushrooms!
How to clean mushrooms: The best way to clean mushrooms is to rinse them in water and then dry them with a paper towel. You may need to rub any residual dirt off with the towel. I don’t recommend soaking them in water because they are like little sponges and will absorb it.
For the seasoning, you can buy Italian salad dressing mix in packages and also ranch dressing mix. Or, you can make ranch seasoning from scratch instead.
Everything is pulled together with melted butter that flavors the mushrooms along with the seasonings. People are always surprised when I tell them how few ingredients are in it – the mushrooms are so delicious!
How to Make Them
Mix the melted butter with the ranch dressing mix and Italian dressing mix.
Place the whole mushrooms in the slow cooker and pour the melted butter mixture over the top.
Cover and cook them on low for three to four hours. Check on them periodically and give them a stir. Once they are cooked all the way through, they are ready!
I hope you make these for your next holiday dinner or party! I’ve made them so many times and they’re always a hit. It’s the perfect easy appetizer that will disappear fast!
More Easy Party Appetizers
- Buffalo Dip is a cheesy dip with a little spicy kick! You can make it in your crock pot or bake it in the oven – it’s so good!
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites are the perfect small bite appetizer recipe! They are quick, easy, and only have a few ingredients.
- Everyone loves my Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts. Serve them with the sweet dipping sauce and they won’t last long!
- Crock Pot Chicken Wings are always a hit and so easy to make!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please! Seriously, though, a five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy dish!!
- 6 packages whole mushrooms, washed 8 oz each
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 2.8 oz package dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 oz package Ranch Dressing Mix
- In a small bowl mix together melted butter, Italian Dressing Mix and Ranch Dressing Mix.
- Place mushrooms in crock pot and pour butter mixture over them.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours or until mushrooms are cooked through. Stir throughout cooking process.