This Easy Skillet Beef Pot Pie Recipe is the ultimate comfort food dinner recipe made easy! It’s filled with ground beef and vegetables in an easy homemade gravy and topped with biscuits. Plus, it’s made in one skillet! It’s sure to be a hit with the whole family!
Beef Pot Pie
I have an easy dinner option for all of you!! Pot pie….yes I said pot pie and it will be on your table in about 35 minutes. You don’t have to make pie crust (unless you want to 🙂 ) because we are taking a little help from the store and using canned biscuits. It’s filled with ground beef and vegetables in an easy homemade gravy and topped with biscuits. Plus, it’s made in one skillet!
Instead of simmering tougher cuts of meat like traditional beef pot pies let’s use ground beef which cuts down the cook time drastically! Most days I don’t have time to babysit dinner and I’m assuming you don’t either. So, easy yet comforting dishes are a must.
Beef Pot Pie Recipe
I know I am probably going to be in the minority when I say this but I am so over summer!!! I am done with the 98+ degree weather every day, no rain, and how it’s been too miserable to do anything but sit in front of a fan. We have FINALLY cooled off this past week and we have been soaking it up!
It’s been in the mid 80s and down in the mid 50s at night and it’s giving me that fall baking itch and wanting all the comfort foods. I’ll be honest it’s those foods I have a true passion for and find myself making them over and over.
Ground Beef Pot Pie
I can cook/bake them without a recipe and they are the dishes my family devours. Sure I crave a good salad every now and again but my true love is an old-fashioned Sunday dinner. It’s what I grew up eating and I know it gets a bad rap for being “unhealthy” but I’ve always believed in everything in moderation!
Haha!! My thighs don’t really sport that motto right now, they need a little more moderation!! Oh, well I’m working on it! 🙂
Grocery List for Beef Pot Pie Recipe
- ground beef
- beef broth/stock
- canned mixed vegetables
- dried thyme (optional)
Tips for making this Easy Skillet Beef Pot Pie Recipe:
- Use any topping you desire, store-bought or homemade. Canned biscuits, pie crust, crescent dough, or even puff pastry are all great options and offer different variations. You don’t have to cut up the biscuits either. I just like too because it makes it more fun for the kids. If you use pie crust just use one crust and lay on top. Cut a couple of slits to help vent the air. If using crescent dough break dough up into the triangles and arrange on top overlapping as needed.
- I used 2 cans of mixed vegetables but frozen work great too. Use about 3 cups of frozen vegetables in place of the canned veggies.
- If you don’t have a cast iron skillet just use any oven-going skillet or baking dish.
How to Make Beef Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large oven-going skillet brown ground beef with onion and garlic until no longer pink. Drain if needed.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir to mix well. Stir in milk, broth, and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Stir in vegetables. Top with biscuits and sprinkle with thyme if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make this Beef Pot Pie Recipe!
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
If you enjoy this recipe for Ground Beef Pot Pie here are a few more recipes to enjoy!
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Pot Pie
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie Puffs
- Hamburger Soup
Easy Skillet Beef Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (any type)
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth/stock
- 2 (15oz) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 8 biscuits (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large oven-going skillet brown ground beef with onion and garlic until no longer pink. Drain grease if needed. Sprinkle with flour and stir to mix well. Stir in salt, pepper, milk, broth, and simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in vegetables.
- Top with biscuits and sprinkle with thyme if desired. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.