Looking for an easy Crock Pot Dinner that’s comforting, delicious and your family will love? This Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie recipe checks all those boxes! Loaded with juicy bites of chicken, vegetables in a creamy sauce with a biscuit on top it’s an easy crock pot dinner that’s ready when you get home.
It’s the coziest dinner and perfect for weeknights. You can prepare it all in the morning and leave it to simmer until dinner. You can top it with canned biscuits or try my homemade biscuits!
Comforting Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Sometimes we need something hearty and comforting, right? This is one of our favorite chicken crock pot recipes, and it is the perfect meal after a long day.
It’s so easy, and clean up is a breeze – everything but the biscuits go into the slow cooker, and you just stir and let it do its thing!
It also makes the best leftovers – it’s easy to warm up for an easy lunch or dinner later in the week.
I like to pair this crock pot chicken pot pie with a salad or cooked veggies like my air fryer broccoli or air fryer asparagus for an easy dinner. It’s definitely a winner with the family every time I make it!
Ingredients for Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – Or you can use the same amount of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Cream of chicken soup – Or try cream of mushroom soup to add a different flavor!
- Milk – 2% milk works great or for a rich gravy, use whole milk.
- Chopped onion – yellow onion or white onion are good to use.
- Frozen mixed vegetables – I use a carrot, peas, corn, and green bean medley.
- Chopped celery
- Seasonings – Garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Refrigerated Grands Biscuits – Or make a batch of homemade biscuits.
What else can you add to chicken pot pie?
Veggies: For this recipe, you can use other veggies – just keep the total amount to about 4 cups diced or chopped. You can use fresh or frozen vegetables – the only exception would be mushrooms. If you want to add some, I would sauté them first on the stove so they have a good texture.
Herbs: Try adding different dried herbs like thyme, parsley, or basil. Fresh herbs are good too, but wait to add them until the end. Just stir them in before serving.
Seasonings: Things like onion powder, Italian seasoning, and poultry seasoning can also be used.
Cheese: For serving, try sprinkles some grated Parmesan cheese over the top of your pot pie.
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie in Crock Pot
- Mix: Whisk the soup and milk in a mixing bowl. Add all of the veggies, seasonings, and stir to combine.
- Combine: Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot and pour the soup mixture over the top.
- Cook: Secure the lid and cook the chicken pot pie filling until the chicken is cooked through. Shred the chicken and place it back in the sauce.
- Bake: Place the biscuits on a sheet pan and bake them following the package instructions.
- Serve! Spoon the filling into bowls and top with a biscuit.
How to Store Leftover Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Any leftover chicken pot pie filling can be stored in an airtight container for three to four days in the refrigerator. Warm it in the microwave and, if it’s too thick, add a splash or two of milk to thin it.
You can warm up leftover biscuits to go on top, or bake a fresh batch!
If you want to freeze the filling, let it cool first. Store it in a freezer-safe container and it will keep for several months.
How excited are you to dig into this crock pot chicken pot pie? It’s serious comfort food and so easy you’ll want it in your regular dinner rotation. Give it a try this week!
More Recipes You’ll Love!
- If you’re craving beef, you need to try my Easy Skillet Beef Pot Pie. It’s topped with biscuits and has the best savory gravy.
- Whenever I have leftover turkey, I grab the skillet and make Turkey Pot Pie! I top it with puff pastry for a buttery flakey crust.
- Craving a cozy casserole? My Chicken Pot Pie Casserole has your name on it!
- I even make it for parties! My Mini Chicken Pot Pies are perfect savory bite-sized snacks.
- Crock Pot Cheesy Ranch Potatoes are Super Easy, Cheesy Crock Pot Potatoes Loaded with Ranch!
- Green Bean Chicken Skillet – Chicken Breast with String Green Beans and Tomatoes in a Creamy Garlic Wine Sauce! Quick and Easy Dinner Recipe Ready in 30 Minutes!
- We have gathered our favorite easy Crock Pot Dinner recipes, too.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken chicken breasts
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- ½ onion chopped
- 16 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounce package Grands Biscuits
- Spray crock pot with non-stick spray. Add chicken breasts to the crock pot.
- In a mixing bowl combine cream of chicken soup and milk, whisk to combine.
- Add in onion, mixed vegetables, celery, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and then pour over chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken in the crock pot and stir to combine.
- Bake biscuits according to the package directions.
- Serve biscuits on top of a bowl of pot pie and enjoy!