Quick and easy Spinach Artichoke Dip is rich, cream, cheese and stuffed with spinach and artichokes. It’s a crowd favorite appetizer recipe for parties, watching the game and everything in between.
Hot spinach artichoke dip is so easy to make and so delicious to dig into! When we make this dip, I often make extra because it’s easy to just sit and eat and eat and eat until it’s all gone. It’s too tasty to stop after a couple of bites. We love creamy dips in this household, and the warm ones are always the best comfort food. Queso dip and buffalo chicken dip are two of our favorites, but easy spinach and artichoke dip is a top-ranking dish too!
This simple recipe makes for a fabulous appetizer and even a great side dish at dinner. You can dip anything you want in it and it makes plenty of hearty servings. A rich and creamy dip for any occasion with the most mouthwatering flavor and rich texture.
Why This is the Best Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Make this quick recipe in about a half hour. It’s simple to prepare and won’t have you spending hours and hours in the kitchen.
- This is a really versatile dip that you can dip anything into. Every guest can choose their method for the dip and eat whatever they’d like! Chips, veggies, bread, and beyond.
- Spinach artichoke dip is a fabulous shareable dish. Some dips are so liquidy that it’s hard to serve individual servings. But this one is hearty and creamy and can be easily dished out onto separate plates.
Ingredients for Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cream cheese – Using cream cheese as a main ingredient in this dip makes it super creamy and rich!
- Sour cream – A little sour cream will add to the perfect texture and also give a bit of a bite to this delicious spinach artichoke dip.
- Artichoke hearts – Can’t have spinach and artichoke dip without the artichoke hearts!
- Mozzarella – For the cheesiest and most flavorful results, shred your own mozzarella cheese!
- Parmesan cheese – I like to grate fresh parmesan for a more bold flavor and an extra gooey cheese dip.
- Minced garlic – Freshly minced garlic adds a load of flavor to this easy dip recipe.
- Frozen chopped spinach – This is the easiest way to add spinach to a dip! You don’t have to prep it like fresh spinach, it’s just ready to go.
- Mayonnaise – One more creamy element to make this dip perfectly perfect.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before mixing together the ingredients for the dip.
Mix together spinach, artichoke hearts, Mozzarella and parmesan together in a medium mixing bowl.
Then mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic in a separate bowl.
Add the cream cheese mixture to the bowl of the spinach and cheese and mix the ingredients thoroughly until well combined.
Once mixed, pour the spinach artichoke dip into an 8×8 baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Serve immediately and dig in!
How to Store Leftover Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
FRIDGE: Place leftovers in an airtight container or wrap the 8×8 baking dish tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Transfer leftovers to an airtight container and freeze for 2-3 months. Allow to thaw before reheating.
How to Reheat Leftover Dip
To reheat, place dip in the oven until warmed through. You can reheat in the microwave, but it may result in a more soggy texture for your dip.
What to Serve with Spinach Artichoke Dip
You can dip some veggies like carrots or celery into this tasty dip. Or, use crunchy snacks like tortilla chips, pita chips or pretzel chips. Even slices of a crusty bread or baguette slices would be delicious dipped into this creamy comforting dish!
I love to make this spinach and artichoke dip recipe when we have burgers. We either eat it as a side dish to our burgers, or have it as an appetizer while we wait for the burgers too cook.
Can I eat spinach artichoke dip cold?
This hot dip can also be eaten cold! The texture may be pretty thick if you eat it cold and it won’t be as dippable. However, it is perfectly safe to eat cold and is still tasty. I prefer the flavor and texture when it is warm, but either way it is still so yummy!
Pro Tips for the Best Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Make sure everything is mixed throughly before putting it into the baking dish so that there are no pockets of ingredients that are not mixed in with the others.
- For an extra cheesy layer, sprinkle extra mozzarella over the top. Then you can even pop the dip into the oven with the broiler on for a few minutes to make a golden brown color.
- To add more protein to this dish, swap the sour cream for plain Greek yogurt.
We love this warm and creamy dip and hope you love it just as much!
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love!
- Rotel Dip is a classic game day favorite that is perfect for parties and so much more!
- We love this easy Corn Dip recipe when we need a quick dip that has a lot of flavor.
- Crack Dip is absolutely addictive and so incredibly easy to make. The flavor is irresistable!
- Turn a classic sandwich into a yummy dip. This Rueben Dip is loaded to the brim with the most delicious things.
- 12 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix spinach, artichoke hearts, Mozzarella and Parmesan together.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and garlic together.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the spinach mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-x-8-inch baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with chips, crackers, or vegetables for dipping.