This quick and easy dessert recipe only requires three ingredients! Grab your strawberry pie filling, yellow cake mix and butter then bake this Strawberry Dump Cake.
I love strawberry recipes and this dump cake recipe is so simple – the perfect cake for a last-minute potluck, BBQ, or party! Or just make it to treat your family – they will love a slice with some vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or Cool Whip on top.
Why You Should Make This Dump Cake with Strawberries!
- Yes, three simple ingredients! It’s music to my ears and I bet to yours, too. If you’ve never made a dump cake, you will love how easy it is!
- What I love is that it requires pantry staples I have on hand so I can make it whenever I need a quick dessert. Pie filling, cake mix, and butter are the only things you need.
- This is a one-pan strawberry dump cake – you don’t need a bowl or a hand mixer to make it. The ingredients are layered in the baking dish – pop it in the oven and that’s it!
It’s always a hit when I make it – it’s a mainstay in my family favorites recipe file! Give it a try and I know your family will love this delicious dessert, too.
- Canned strawberry pie filling – other any fruit pie filling will work, too!
- Yellow cake mix – or try white cake mix to switch it up!
- Melted butter – I melt mine in the microwave in 30-second increments.
How to Make Strawberry Dump Cake
- Spread the pie filling in the bottom of a prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top in an even layer.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the top of the cake mix.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling!
How to Serve It
It’s tempting to eat is straight from the pan, but if you can resist here are some ways to serve it!
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. This is so good when the cake is warm – the ice cream melts over it and creates an amazing sauce!
- A dollop of whipped cream or Cool Whip is also good!
- Feeling fancy? Garnish each serving with ice cream or whipped cream, sliced strawberries, and a sprig of fresh mint!
Variations of Dump Cake
Once you know how to make a dump cake, it’s easy to switch it up to create all kinds of flavors! Here are some ideas:
Caramel apple dump cake is perfect any time of year but especially during the fall!
Love peaches? You have to try peach dump cake!
Skip the pumpkin pie and make a pumpkin dump cake instead.
Try cherry filling to make cherry dump cake, or try blueberry, raspberry, or blackberry canned pie filling!
Can you use any cake mix flavor to make a dump cake?
Pretty much! You can mix and match the cake mix and fruit to come up with all different kinds of dump cakes. Try white cake mix, lemon, chocolate, or strawberry cake mix – it’s fun to experiment!
You can never have enough easy recipes for dessert, right? Well, this strawberry dump cake recipe is one to keep up your sleeve. It’s easy, delicious, and always a hit! And if you need a recipe to cool off during the summer, then check out these fudgsicles.
More Easy Desserts
- Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler is loaded with fruit and topped with a delicious cinnamon roll topping!
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies are made with chocolate cake mix and loaded with caramel and chocolate chips.
- Crockpot Peach Crisp is made with fresh peaches and has a buttery sweet oatmeal crumble topping!
- Strawberry Shortcake is a must-make when fresh strawberries are in season!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Strawberry Dump Cake
- 21 ounces canned strawberry pie filling
- 15.25 ounce boxed yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the strawberry pie filling to the baking pan and spread out evenly on bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the top of the pie filling in an even layer until the pie filling is completely covered.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the cake mix, making sure to cover as much as possible to avoid dry spots.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- This can be served warm or room temperature. Top with Cool Whip, Vanilla Ice Cream or Homemade Whipped Cream.
Leave a Comment