Looking for a quick and easy recipe you can make in your Air Fryer? These Easy Air Fryer Donuts are just that! They only take a few minutes to fry, roll them in the delicious cinnamon sugar mixture and then serve them for breakfast or a quick and easy snack or treat. When you are craving homemade doughnuts and are short on time take these biscuits, toss them in your air fryer and enjoy a warm flaky donut in minutes!
Air Fryer Donuts
Freshly baked homemade donuts without the grease, fuss or muss! Am I your hero today? Oh yeah!!! I know you love donuts and there are several on the blog – Cinnamon Frosted Cream Cheese Banana Donuts, Drizzled Snickerdoodle Donuts (these are seriously over-the-top!) and baked Toasted Coconut Red Velvet Donuts so decadent.
But you know what makes these even better?
We’re going to use the air fryer to make delicious donuts quickly and easily – no grease, no mess and you will love them!
We also love making Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan for the same reason! No grease and it’s still crispy on the outside!
Air Fryer Donut Recipes
My husband was out moving snow around the yard, story of our life lately, and when he came in his eyes lit up as I was testing this recipe!
Our little one calls donuts, don-dons, and he was running around the house yelling it as I took pictures.
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree does it?
As my husband gobbled one of these easy donuts up that I made in the air fryer he’s asked me how I made them and as I went on to tell him it was actually a biscuit, baked in our air fryer and then rolled in butter and cinnamon sugar he couldn’t believe it!
When I informed him it only took about 15 minutes to make I’m pretty sure he was hoping I’d make these every morning for him!
Hate to tell you all that I DO NOT make these for breakfast every morning, but they are such an easy treat for breakfast or snack in the afternoon that I highly recommend treating yourself to them!
What ingredients do I need to make Air Fryer Donut Recipe
- flaky jumbo biscuits
- olive or coconut oil spray
What you may need to make Air Fryer Donuts
- An Air Fryer (of course!)
- These Biscuit Cutters are perfect to cut out the holes.
- No biscuit cutter? A bottle cap or even a shot glass will work in a pinch!
How to Make Quick Air Fryer Donuts
- In a shallow bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Open the can and separate the biscuits and lay them out on a flat surface. Using a small biscuit cutter cut holes out of the center of each biscuit.
- Save the center to make donut holes!
- Spray the fryer basket with coconut oil spray.
- Place the donuts in a single layer in the air fryer basket, care to make sure they do not touch!
- Bake at 360 degrees for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While they are baking, melt the butter.
- As soon as they are done, remove the donuts, dip in melted butter then roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Serve immediately.
Here’s an important tip – Do not use non-stick spray like Pam when spraying the inside of your Air Fryer because it can damage the coating on the basket!
Full disclosure, these aren’t going to take exactly like your favorite donut shop, but for a quick and easy snack, these are a wonderful treat for an easy breakfast or a quick snack. Kids big and small will love them!
More delicious breakfast recipes!
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast Recipe
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Baked Samoa Donuts
- Healthier Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS AIR FRYER DONUTS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
I’d love it you would rate this recipe!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Air Fryer Donuts
- 16 oz refrigerated flaky jumbo biscuits
- 1/2 c. granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- olive or coconut oil spray
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the can, separate them and place them on a flat surface. Use a 1-inch round biscuit cutter (or similarly-sized bottle cap) to cut holes out of the center of each biscuit.
- Lightly coat air fryer basket with olive or coconut oil spray. Do not use non-stick spray like Pam because it can damage the coating on the basket.
- Place 4 donuts in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are not touching.
- Bake at 360 degrees F for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove donuts from Air Fryer, dip in melted butter then roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Serve immediately.