Tender, juicy Air Fryer Steaks with Garlic Butter are mouthwatering! Learn how to make a perfectly seasoned steak in your Air Fryer every single time. Such an easy dinner that’s amazing!
I am showing you how to make the best steak in your air fryer! This is one of my favorite ways to cook a steak because it’s so easy and it comes out perfectly cooked every time.
This is a great recipe for special occasions or whenever you’re craving a delicious, juicy steak. We love ours with some roasted potatoes and bacon-wrapped green beans for a dinner that’s better than any restaurant!
Why Steak in an Air Fryer is Amazing
- Cooking the steak in your air fryer gives the outside a delicious crust while keeping the inside tender and juicy. You don’t have to worry about tough steak!
- What takes this recipe over the top is the garlic butter sauce. It’s super easy to make and is the best topping for your steak. It tastes like a high-end steak house dish.
- There’s no guesswork or complicated steps, and you only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. I know you’re going to love it!
Skip the stove, oven, and even the grill – your air fryer cooks a steak perfectly every time. This is such an easy recipe, you don’t have to wait for a special occasion to make it!
Air Fryer Steak Recipe Ingredients
- Butter – We used salted butter, leave it out at room temperature so it’s easy to mix.
- Fresh parsley – Finely mince the parsley. Don’t used dried herbs.
- Garlic – Grab a clove of garlic and mince it for best results, but in a pinch refrigerated minced garlic works too.
- Worcestershire sauce – This gives the garlic butter a rich and savory flavor, so don’t skip it!
- Steaks – I like to use 1″ thick ribeyes, sirloins or striploin steaks
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Garlic Butter
The first thing you’ll want to do is make the garlic butter. You can actually make it a few days in advance, too, if you want to get a headstart.
Place the softened butter, parsley, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce in a small mixing bowl. Mix them until well combined.
Lay a piece of wax paper or parchment paper on the counter and place the butter mixture on it. Wrap the butter and shape it into a log and twist the ends of the plastic wrap to secure it.
Chill the garlic butter in the refrigerator while you cook the steaks.
How to Cook Steak in Air Fryer
Prep: Season the steaks with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Leave them out at room temperature for 20 minutes before you cook them.
Air Fry: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Once heated, place the steaks in the basket. Cook them for six minutes, turn them over, and then cook them for six minutes more.
Rest: Take them out of the air fryer and let them rest for five minutes.
Serve! Top each steak with a couple of slices of chilled garlic butter. It will melt over the steak creating a delicious sauce!
This recipe will cook a 1’’ steak to a medium steak doneness.
Below is a guideline for how long to cook your steak in the air fryer for the desires amount of doneness. All times are based on having a 1’’ thick steak.
- Medium-Rare Steak (135°F) – Cook the steak for 10 minutes in the Air Fryer and flip after cooking for five minutes.
- Medium Steak (145°F) – Cook steaks for 12 minutes in the Air Fryer and flip after cooking for six minutes.
- Well Done Steak (155°F) – Cook steaks for 14 minutes in the Air Fryer and flip after cooking for seven minutes.
For thicker or thinner steaks adjust cook time accordingly. As always, using an instant read meat thermometer to monitor the internal temperature of a steak will give you the perfectly cooked steak every time!
Side Dishes to Serve with Air Fried Steak
Want some great side dishes for your delicious steak dinner? Here are some we love to make!
- Add some copycat Texas Roadhouse rolls with some cinnamon butter to go with them!
- For a hearty dinner, pair your steaks with crockpot mashed potatoes or a classic baked potato with all the toppings.
- Or treat yourself to creamy corn macaroni and cheese casserole or cheesy broccoli casserole for the ultimate comfort food dinner!
Pro Tips for Air Fryer Steaks
The thickness of your steaks determines the cooking time, so if yours are more than 1-inch thick, you will need to cook them longer.
Place them in an even layer in the air fryer. That way, the air can circulate around each steak. If you stack them or overlap them, they won’t cook evenly.
For the best results, let your steaks come to room temperature. If you cook them cold from the fridge they won’t cook evenly.
Always let them rest before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute into the meat so your steaks are juicy!
Air Fry Steak Recipe FAQ
Yes! Air frying steaks create juicy, tender steaks with the perfect sear on them which results in a buttery crust. They will melt in your mouth!
It will take steak 10-14 minutes to cook in the Air Fryer depending on how done you would like the steak. If you cook it for 10 minutes it will result in a medium-rare steak and if you cook it for 14 minutes it will be a well-done steak if the steaks are about 1’’ thick.
Technically you don’t have to flip the steak in the air fryer, but we recommend it. This will result in the perfectly cooked steak. The high powered fans on the air fryer will circulate the heat evenly, but one side of the steak is closer the heating element, so when you flip the steak it cooks perfectly evenly.
Great cuts of steak for the air fryer or ribeye or a New York Strip steak. Tri-top and top round also work great. If you get a leaner type of steak make sure to marinate the steak before air fryer to avoid it drying out when cooking at a high heat.
Storing Air Fryer Steaks
If you have leftover steak refrigerate it in an airtight container. It will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
One bite of this garlic butter steak and I know you’ll be hooked! This is such and easy way to cook a juicy steak. Give it a try this week!
More Amazing Steak Recipes
- Griddle Steaks are easy to cook on your electric or stovetop griddle for a great main dish!
- For a quick and easy summer dinner try my Balsamic Steak Kebobs!
- Or try Steak and Potato Kebabs for a hearty dinner.
- Another recipe we love to make on the grill is Asian Beef Skewers!
- Use your crockpot to make delicious Steak Fajitas!
- Lover your air fryer? You can use it to make delicious Garlic Butter Steak Bites!
- This recipe for Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes is full of tender, juicy pieces of steak with crispy potatoes tossed in garlic butter.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE!
- Creamed Peas
- Pickle Roll Ups
- Whats in an Amaretto Sour?
- What to make with diced ham?
- Breakfast Enchiladas
- Caramel Rolls
This is perfect for an easy dinner, date night, or just because you’re craving some delicious beef. Leave a five-star comment below and tell me what you think!
If you make my recipe please tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats. I love to see a picture of your perfect steak!!!
- ¼ c. butter softened
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Steaks 1" thick ribeye, sirloin or striploin (1 inch thick)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix together butter, parsley, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Place on parchment or waxed paper and roll into a roll. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator, rub with olive oil on both sides. Then season with salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees F.
- When the air fryer is preheated, place the steaks in the air fryer basket and cook for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the steaks from the air fryer and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with a slice of garlic butter and serve.